UE2 - UT2kX Rigging Vehicle weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
So I've got a working vehicle, and I need to attach a gun, I've made the weapon in 3dsmax in the same scale, rotation, pivot etc as the vehicle, and centered at 0,0,0 on the origin.

I can attach it to the vehicle, and it shows up in game.

But one thing - it turns the wrong way? It seems that either the x or the y axis has been mirrored on the object (or at least, in relation to the pivot) so that I have a weapon that turns the opposite way to the direction I'm looking!

Anyone else had this issue?

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Thanks for the reply. :)

Tried so far :

• Flipping 180* X/Y axis on weapon model
  • Flipping 180* X/Y axis on weapon attachment bone on model
  • Mirroring Pivot on Weapon model
  • Mirroring Pivot on Weapon attachment bone on model
  • Flipping the axis on the model by drawscale(1,-1,1) - turns model inside out.
  • Turning X and Y axis on pivot -90* as suggested on Epic forums thread.

I guess I'll need to hire some help coding a fix to make it turn the other way. :p

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
Have you tried to rest its Xform (only used in 3ds max) which rest the assets to the sate that it was in before you started modeling it. This seams to fix a lot of problems for me.