1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Review: Weapon Stuff

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Jesco, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Jesco

Jesco New Member

[ Transcript of review for Weapon Stuff | Posted by Doobin on 2002-10-08 | Score: 8 ]

2. Tave

Tave Super Noob

does anyone have a upto date link for this?

3. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

4. Kilrogg

Kilrogg New Member

Is there a way to have weaponstuff v2 for UT1 ? is it planned ?
    I tried WPS v2 on my UT2K3 demo (don't laugh at me, I haven't bought the game...yet). However, unfortunately, you can't use mods or mutators with the demo :/ (Still, my demo is the very first one, if someone has the latest UT2K3 demo, please tell me if WPS2 works on it !)

5. Nemephosis

Don't buy UT2K3, what's the point. UT2K4 will have everything UT2K3 does and a lot more.

6. Kilrogg

Kilrogg New Member

Yeah I know Nemephosis, thanks for the advice ;)

BTW I tried the demo, it rocks ! I particularly liked the return of the UT opening music, it brings back the "Unreal feeling". The Onslaught mode is awesome but if I remember it was an existing mod for UT which can be found on modsquad, right ? (I think it's the Overload mod but I'm not sure)

What I'm wondering now is about UT2K3 mods: useable with 2K4, or must be ported or redone ?

7. Nemephosis

the idea of Overload was swiped from ID and Quake and improved on, and ONS improves on Overload.

Most mods made for 2K3 should work with 2K4. Some will need to be tweaked a little to be 2K4 compatible. Larger ones mostly, like Chaos and U4E. I also heard (unverified as of now, obviously) that simply copying over the media and summoning the weapons will work. But obviously we won't know that for a while.