1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Review: Unreal Speed 1.6 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Jesco, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Jesco

Jesco New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    [ Transscript of review for Unreal Speed 1.6 Public Beta | Posted by Vlosk on 2003-11-15 | Score: 8 ]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2003
  2. Kaoh

Kaoh MP_Clan member

Sep 16, 2000
    Although I tend to agree with you normally, I feel that with mods this is just a bit different. I dont feel its right to let people wait for 2 years and then first release a finished product, the fans are gone by then if we all would do that.
    Games dont last 2 years normally, unless enough new stuff is released.
    So by releasing these WIP's every months or two I feel I get enough feedback and broad beta testing that helps me improove the product big time ;)

Indeed, in the default INI no default car is selected and I forgot to build in protection for that :( will be fixed next version (sorry is still in 1.61 also, thought i fixed it))

Agreed, custom player weapons will be added. This is still to be done.

Also agreed, Its one of those things I still need to get around to, they work thought, and for the big non beta these will be nice and awesomely polsihed ;)

Well, technically its been marked as metal, so yeah its slippery..... but it doesnt really look like metal though

Well all and all a very nice review and thanks for the good grade :D
    The unrealspeed team is happy to get these kind of constructive feedback.

I will take the pointers you gave and try to make them go for next versions.

Team Leader