Review: Unreal Fortress Gold

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for Unreal Fortress Gold | Posted by Bean on 2003-05-12 | Score: 10 ]
Wow. That's all there is to say. Wow. Unreal Fortress does a total kick-ass job at bringing TFC to UT. Having played TFC for about 2 years, I have no complaints about UNF at all. For all of you veteran TFC players, UNF does not disappoint in any way. For those of you who don't play TFC, UNF will knock your socks off, pure and simple.

For those who haven't heard of Team Fortress Classic (all 3 of you), It is a class-based TC mod for Half-Life that demands team play. Gameplay is primarily CTF, with a few variances. Classes are Sniper, Medic, Scout, Solider, Engineer, Pyro, DemoMan, HW guy, and Spy. Each class has its own unique abilities. While the names are slightly different the UNF classes are exactly the same, except for a few variances added in to spice up UNF. One of the biggest advantages UNF has over TFC is the support of the Unreal engine. The visuals in UNF are phenomenal. Being an avid TFC player as I am, I was skeptical at first about how UNF would turn out. I downloaded the alphas and betas and was intrigued, but not impressed. But as the latter releases of UNF started to come out, I was hooked. This mod has progressed by leaps and bounds since its beginning, and all of those jumps have been in the right direction.

Another special additions in UNF that I find entertaining is the awards system. Awards are given out for different things. A headshot with a sniper rifle earns you a "Crewcut" award. Stabbing someone in the back as a Saboteur earns you the "Scream Trilogy" award. There are a bunch of other creative awards that add a nice twist to UNF.

Overall, this mod is the best TC I have ever played for any game, aside from TFC itself. Now I know I'm going out on a limb by giving UNF a 10, but I feel that it has all of the qualities that 10 should have. On our rating system, a 10 means "Perfect and can not be improved in any way". I feel that this statement needs to be examined. No mod, or game, for that matter, can ever be perfect, and there is always room for improvement. But I feel that giving UNF anything less than a 10 would be an injustice.

[Bean: I discussed this with Dade, and my thoughts were a 10 is pinnacle of gaming pleasure...nothing is perfect, but dammit, you could not be having any more fun than you are now!]

-Dade

MatzeR

Aug 25, 2003
Wow A 10 Worth playing id say :D

and it is i should know i been playing it a while. if u like the other TF games DL this and give it a try.

Last edited: