1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Review: Remote Strike v4

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Jesco, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Jesco

Jesco New Member

[ Transcript of review for Remote Strike v4 | Posted by Dade on 2003-08-30 | Score: 7.7 ]

2. vasilii

vasilii New Member

Finaly semi real weapon mod/mutator

Great job, I was waiting for a mod like this one.
    I'm totaly agree with Author that UT2003 weapons aren't pirfect
    (I even think they are bull's ****)
    If author will read this post - keep up you are doing great job, of course it needs polishing and more defferent weapons ( where hell is AK74)
    best reference source http://world.guns.ru/assault/as02-e.htm
    Man if you need help I'll be more then happy to help you.
    Good luck

3. Romanov

Romanov New Member

Thanks! That was a great review Im taking out the local damage it was an idea to try and make the weapons a bit more real , e.g if you fired an mg at your feet in real life or even within 1 metre of yourself you would damage yourself quite a bit however I dont think this has worked as intended so this will come out in the next version. I think I may do a patch that solves this problem first and then a new release :) cool thnx for reviewing it makes it all worthwhile
    cheers
    Mark aka Romanov

4. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Ricocheting bullets.... no. They usually embed themselves in whatever they hit :p

5. The Twiggman

The Twiggman Instagib 4 Life

What about penetration weapons. I've yet to see a weapon mod for 2k3 that has a degree of penetration. Besides the ordinary rail guns. Unless faceoff or something had that, I never played faceoff.

6. Romanov

Romanov New Member

Hi,
    I was wondering if we can have our point back now we dropped the self damage lol, were going to have explosive and armour piercing bullets in the next release to solve that issue as well, but can we have our point?

re penetration im working on some now its a bit complicated but I think it works ok :)

7. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

if you used the same code for bullets as the minigun does, that would be just great. The smoke is a bit much especially for my current system :)

And since you don't have the radius damage anymore there's no real reason not to ;)

8. Dario

Dario New Member

Love that 15mm pistol!

Nice set of weapons

I like the models and skins, very nicely done. I love that 15mm pistol!

The only thing I would comment negative on, is that IMO the recoil is excessive for all weapons except the pistol.

9. Romanov

Romanov New Member

hi,
    recoil has been reduced for the weapons for v5 it was a bit over done , self damage makes a small comeback tho but thats due to explosive rounds which help the mg be more effective at range, other weapons like the submg, pistol etc have no self damage as it is now.