[REVIEW] Recent Mod Releases

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Air Buccaneers: A good idea, but way too slow. The design is good, the rules are fun...but the gameplay is just too darn slow and lacking. Although, flying hot air balloons is fun :)

Anomaly: 0.5 is alright, but nothing that incredible. There doesn't seem to be enough sounds or anything at all making the mod more interesting than watching paint dry. I like the idea, it's just unfinished. Also, I don't like the controls or the vehicle handling.

Eden Eclipse: This one reminds me alot of the Single Player Mod for UT that came out really close to the end of it's life. I can't think of the name. The demo they released is pretty nice looking, and has an interesting story (that didn't seem developed yet, but that will probably be resolved for the final release). Has tons of potential. Also, either the sound needs fixing, or they need radio comm voices.

Eon: Incredible graphics. The design needs some work, I tend to agree ith others that posted about this alpha that Stamina isn't usually very good. Hopefully they implement it well and it works out for them, though. I also noticed that on the edge of the map you could walk up into the trees. Interesting :) This one is going to be great once it's completely finished. Hopefully, they get an incredible coder, though.

Metaball: Awesome idea, very fun game. I was pleasantly surprised by this mod. A fun and chellenging puzzle game based on the 2k4 engine. It kind of reminds me of the nostalgia of Adventure Pinball. It's alot like Marble Madness, but more in depth, and alot more cool looking! :)

Robin Hood and the King's Ransom: This is great. I'm glad someone made something like this, I just wish I had heard about it sooner :) There are a few problems I noticed with animations and the controls are a little loose, but the game is pretty fun and has an interesting plot. One thing I noticed with this game is that the sounds aren't nearly loud enough. The music totally drowns it out. This is with H/W 3d sound +EAX. I know there is some trouble with the EAX anyways, but they should be able to fix it.

Zionite War: Interesting idea. It's not very well executed right now. The controls stink, the targetting system is borked, the design doesn't seem to have been fleshed out completely yet. It looks like they are trying to mimick FreeSpace 2 (finally!) but it needs ALOT more work. It's an interesting "design demo" but it's not much in the gameplay department right now. It's another good idea that has potential, but needs ALOT of work.

All of them except Metaball had some problems with the sound.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Can I add in one?

DoMain 2048 EC: I must say, this mod has really changed from it's first incarnation. Models look VERY good now and the maps are top-notch. Gameplay can be a bit slow at times however, it's a pretty cool deviation from the typical "YOU HAVE THE AIM YOUR GUN ON WW2 LAND OR BIG CITY WITH TERRORISTS LAND" Typically maps have objectives that both teams have to complete. It's like two sided assault on some maps with the USE and the Rebels both rushing to complete their goals first. Overall I'd give it a 9/10.

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
the new glider is cool except there is too many people on the the bs. the glider should be manually controlled so it can go to other ships.