Review: Decay

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for Decay | Posted by Dade on 2002-10-01 | Score: 8 ]
Wow! First User-Created mut for UT2k3. Quite an honor.

While Decay is nothing overly flashy or spectacular, it is fun and adds another spice to the smorgasbord that is UT2k3. A modification of the Vampire mut included with the retail version of 2k3, Decay allows you to get health from opponents when you frag them. Your health can increase up to 666, and when it does, you get a “Genocide” bonus (everyone in the arena dies). This feature kicks much ass, but instead of getting the frags, everyone has an aneurism. I suppose this would be sorta cheap, but maybe this could be a configurable option in later versions, to gain frags for Genocide or not. “Gee, I guess getting 666 health would be easy“, you say? Well, it would be, if you weren’t constantly loosing health. Your health drops at about 1 per second. So fragging is not just recommended, it is a necessity. This feature makes for faster paced combat (as if 2k3 combat wasn’t fast enough!).

Hopefully Hanzo will continue to expand on Decay. I would like to see some configurable options (amt. of health gained per frag, rate of health loss etc.). For a first release though, this is quality work. And seeing as the download is a whopping 3k, even our 56k brethren will find no trouble in obtaining a copy. Oh, and props to Hanzo for releasing the first User-Created mut for 2k3....

-Dade