1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Review: Chaos UT2: Evolution

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Jesco, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Jesco

Jesco New Member

[ Transcript of review for Chaos UT2: Evolution | Posted by Bean on 2003-08-11 | Score: 8.9 ]

2. Jeditobe1

Jeditobe1 ChaosUT2 Coder

one quick thing that i think was missed is how good the grenade launcher's alternate ammo types are for crowd control (during team games). The napalm and poison create an area of damage and obscure vision, and the flash grenades can allow for a quicker or safer escape.

Same thing goes for the crossbow, except its harder to hit people. However, landing two or more poison or fire arrows in someone deals a pretty large amount of damage.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2003
  3. NeoNight

NeoNight Lurker

4. Bean 3:16

Bean 3:16 New Member

Woops...that is right. I missed how useful the poison is. The screen effect is excellent.

5. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Okay, couple things:

1. The crossbow does no more damage in the "charged windlass" mode than it does regular fire mode.

2. The RPB bullets do about half the damage of regular bullets.

I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be. I'm going to post this on their forums.

I'm working on firing the ERDW through a wall blindly and killing something! :D

6. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

Well I managed the blind ERDW kill. I'm officially a serious mack :D

7. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

I think one of the two zeros in the download size doesn't belong there, it's not a 399 MB download, but only 39 MB. ;)