Review: Bullet Time 3.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for Bullet Time 3.0 | Posted by Shuri on 2003-06-27 | Score: 9.5 ]
<b>First Reviews</b>
yo, this mods coo! When I first played Bullet Time, I did not play Max Payne yet. However, I recently bought the game and I'm amazed at how well the Bullet Time for Max Payne has been ported over to UT by eXoR.

If you are new to the mutator, check out the previous reviews for a more in-depth look. However, here's a quick recap. The mutator allows you to slow down the action for a certain amount of time. You start off with X units of time, and by killing others, you add to your time. You can also use your Bullet Time to stop projectiles, reverse projectiles, and dodge bullets. Each action uses up a certain amount of Bullet Time, so use each option only when necessary.

<b>New Features</b>
Along with the huge amount of options already present, there are several new features in Bullet Time 3.00. All UT's weapons now leave trails, creating for some amazing effects. You can see the bullets, rockets, flak slugs, and other projectiles coming your way quite vividly when you are in Bullet Time. This feature definitely helps complete the mutator.

A smaller mutator, called Bullet Speed, is also included. Previously the bullet weapons (Enforcer, Minigun, Sniper Rifle) were instant hit weapon, but in order for them to be properly used in Bullet Time, the bullets now have to travel the full distance from your gun to the target. You can control how fast these bullets travel with the Bullet Speed mutator.

The last new feature, aside from the various bug fixes, are more Matrix voice clips. They just help get you into the mood of being able to perform Matrix-like moves. You can disable this feature if the voices begin to annoy you.

<b>Max 'Unreal' Payne</b>
After playing Max Payne, I can appreciate the mutator much more than before. The trails look amazing, and so now you don't need to play Lazy Matrix in order to have the trails. What was just a simple mutator that slowed down the action has really grown into a full-fledged mutator. An excellent port and mixture of a great game and movie into one amazing mutator.

-Peter Yu

(Review transferred from Modsquad 1)