1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Respawning at base?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by hal, Jun 5, 2004.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Okay, this is bugging the hell out of me. Sometimes when I am playing ONS, all of a sudden I just start respawning at the base. Yes, there are other possible locked/linked nodes that I could have respawned at. No, all of them aren't under attack when this happens.

This happen to anyone else? It seems to have started happening on or around the time I applied the last patch. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but it is annoying as hell.

Does this happen to anyone else?

2. rhirud

rhirud Fast learning novice

You can choose the node that you'll respawn to by clicking on the map.

If you teleport to the base from another node, the base will then be the default place for you to repawn in too. Run to the core and teleport by touching the core; but the nuicance is that you usually spawn a fair way away from the core.

3. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

It's happened to me quite a few times.
    I haven't found any pattern to when it happens; however, it never seems to happen if a "preferred spawn point" is manually set by right-clicking on a node.

4. hal

I know about teleporting from the core, but you're saying that if you teleport to the base then that becomes your default respawn node? How the hell do you change that? Because when I teleport somewhere else it doesn't become my default node.

5. DeaJae

DeaJae taking a month's break

I've found if you right click a node or base, it becomes the 'Preferred' spawn point. If that node is gone, you'll be forced to spawn at the base until you select another preffered node (i think). :)

6. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

what's wrong with manually selecting a respawn point when you're dead?

7. SuperGoop

SuperGoop New Member

You are right that this happened only after patch 3204. Before the patch, I can choose to have the map pop-up after death and let me select the node I want to respawn at (I can also right-click to choose a preferred respawn node).

BUG
    After the patch, I sometimes respawn IMMEDIATELY at my core, or sometimes I see the map and even if I select an available node (yes I understand the rules of the game), I always get sent back to my core.

However, sometimes this "bug" doesn't happen at all and it works fine like it did before the patch... strange :rolleyes:

8. Hanover_Fist

Hanover_Fist Hero

It happens to me too Hal, and I don't remember it happening before the patch.

9. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

10. Jaxter

Jaxter I just f**ked your girlfriend

yeah it was fine until the patch.

11. I_B_Bangin

I_B_Bangin habitual line stepper

TEH P4TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. AMMAGETSVM

AMMAGETSVM wild

I thot that this only happened on certain maps (as in they were designed that way for some sick reason) :confused: It's enough to make me platz!

13. hal

I've had it happen on Brassed and Dria. Those are the only two that come to mind. I hadn't thought about it being map related. Anyone notice a pattern?

14. AMMAGETSVM

AMMAGETSVM wild

I first thought about it the other night when playing with HB in that onslaught map set in that dark forest...can't remember the name. Up until then, I couldn't remember that happening in the original maps.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2004
  15. Thanatos45

Thanatos45 Frag-tastic

Don't think it's map related... it happened to me tonight on Dawn and Torlan.

16. hal

I was hoping the fix would be in this new patch. But no... it's still happening randomly. :(

17. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

This bug has only happened to me when the sides were switched.

18. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

I've only noticed it playing ONS-Chain-Isle when I tried to click and spawn at the very center node. But I end up spawning at the base. :hmm: Thought it was only the map...

I've also noticed too that the red and blue bases will be swapped on occasion...

19. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

When it happened to me, I just thought it was due to my ping, like all the other wacky ONS things that happen to me (no team colors, no turrets, map node colors not right, no names listed on team scoreboard, etc).

20. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Wandering spirit

I've noticed that the patch...sorry...patches (the new one too) changed my 'show map' option (esc in the game-Map-Show map) to 'Never'. This causes you to respawn at the nearest node in the game, rather than show the map when you die (if set to 'immetiately'). Haven't seen a random respawn though :con: