1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Resetting Map?

Discussion in 'BDB' started by -]eKm[-Kenshin-, Dec 13, 2003.

1. -]eKm[-Kenshin-

-]eKm[-Kenshin- New Member

On my BR server I rent from ReconGamer, the server recently started resetting the map after every game... I just added the Talking Icon, KickIdlers and ServerAdsSE. I was wondering if you had any ideas... conflicts or anything? ;)

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
    VoteTimeLimit=70
    ScoreBoardDelay=10
    bAutoOpen=True
    MidGameVotePercent=50
    MinMapCount=2
    RepeatLimit=0
    bScoreMode=True
    bAccumulationMode=False
    bEliminationMode=False
    DefaultGameConfig=0
    bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
    bKickVote=True
    KickPercent=51
    bRestartWithLastMap=False
    bAnonymousKicking=True
    MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
    MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapVote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=False")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapVote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=False")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapVote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=False")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators="KickIdlersUT2003V1c.KickIdlers,HeadshotShockRifleNZ.MutHeadshotInstagibNZ,AntiTCC110.MutAntiTCC,MapVote400b11.MapVote,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TA100.MutTalkingIcon",Options="Translocator=True")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
    bUseMapList=False
    MapNamePrefixes=DM,CTF,DOM,BR
    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListBombingRun
    MapListTypeList=SkaarjPack.MaplistSkaarjInvasion
    MapListTypeList=SkaarjPack.MaplistSkaarjInvasion

There's my mapvote section of the .ini :eek:

2. -]eKm[-Kenshin-

-]eKm[-Kenshin- New Member

And while I'm at it, is there by any chance a way to add a server package per game type? For example, I want to have an Invasion gametype modded with Excessive, but I don't want everyone who plays on the BR gametype to have to download it (like 6 mb...) for nothing when we play BR which is really most of the time... just a question. If there isn't a way, you should consider putting it in a future version of MapVote. ;)

3. {FzS}Fender

{FzS}Fender New Member

Same issue

We are having the same issue on our server. I first noticed it with Invasion, but I've now seen it happen w/ BR. Any idea ? Here's my .ini

[MapVote400b11.MapVote]
    VoteTimeLimit=70
    ScoreBoardDelay=10
    bAutoOpen=True
    MidGameVotePercent=40
    MinMapCount=2
    RepeatLimit=8
    bScoreMode=False
    bAccumulationMode=False
    bEliminationMode=False
    DefaultGameConfig=0
    bDefaultToCurrentGameType=True
    bKickVote=True
    KickPercent=51
    bRestartWithLastMap=False
    bAnonymousKicking=False
    MapVoteHistoryType=MapVote400b11.MapVoteHistory1
    MapListLoaderType=MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader
    ; Note: the following GameConfig lines are just examples. You can remove any lines that you dont want or add any
    ; new ones. See the instruction in the ReadMe.txt file for details.
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="Team DeathMatch",Mutators="",Options="")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Prefix="DOM",Acronym="DOM",GameName="Double Domination",Mutators="",Options="")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Prefix="CTF",Acronym="CTF",GameName="Capture The Flag",Mutators="",Options="")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run",Mutators="",Options="")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Prefix="DM",Acronym="INV",GameName="Invasion",Mutators="",Options="")
    GameConfig=(GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="MUT",GameName="Mutant",Mutators="",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
    bUseMapList=False
    MapNamePrefixes="DM,CTF,DOM,BR"
    ; Note: MapListTypeLists are not needed if bUseMapList is set to False. They will be ignored.
    ; Also, if bUseMapList is set to True and there are no MapListTypeLists MapVote will load maps
    ; from the default maplists that belong to the GameTypes specified in the GameConfigs.
    ; The following are just examples and would not be used under this configuration.
    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListDeathMatch
    MapListTypeList=XInterface.MapListBombingRun

also, by invasion and BR settings in case this could have anything to do with it.

[XGame.xBombingRun]
    HUDType=XInterface.HudBBombingRun
    MaxLives=0
    TimeLimit=20
    GoalScore=25
    bTeamScoreRound=False
    bPlayersMustBeReady=False
    bAllowTaunts=True
    FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
    MaxTeamSize=16
    bForceRespawn=False
    bWeaponStay=true
    bAdjustSkill=False
    SpawnProtectionTime=6.000000
    bTeamScoreRounds=False
    bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
    bAllowBehindView=False

[SkaarjPack.Invasion]
    InitialWave=0
    FallbackMonster=Class'SkaarjPack.EliteKrall'
    Waves[0]=(WaveMask=20491,WaveMaxMonsters=16,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
    Waves[1]=(WaveMask=60,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
    Waves[2]=(WaveMask=105,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
    Waves[3]=(WaveMask=186,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
    Waves[4]=(WaveMask=225,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
    Waves[5]=(WaveMask=966,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
    Waves[6]=(WaveMask=4771,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
    Waves[7]=(WaveMask=917,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
    Waves[8]=(WaveMask=1689,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
    Waves[9]=(WaveMask=18260,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
    Waves[10]=(WaveMask=14340,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
    Waves[11]=(WaveMask=4021,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
    Waves[12]=(WaveMask=3729,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
    Waves[13]=(WaveMask=3972,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
    Waves[14]=(WaveMask=3712,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
    Waves[15]=(WaveMask=2048,WaveMaxMonsters=8,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
    MaxTeamSize=16
    FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
    bPlayersMustBeReady=False
    bForceRespawn=False
    bAdjustSkill=False
    bAllowTaunts=True
    SpawnProtectionTime=6.000000
    bTeamScoreRounds=False
    bWeaponStay=True
    bAllowWeaponThrowing=True
    bAllowBehindView=True
    GoalScore=100
    MaxLives=1
    TimeLimit=0

4. BDB

BDB New Member

What do you mean by "resetting the map" ?
    Is the UT server crashing and then auto-restarting via bat file ? or is it loading the
    same map that was just played ???

First, take a look at your servers log file. If you dont see anything obvious or dont
    understand it then send it to me and I'll take a look. (BDB@planetunreal.com).

FYI, I think (not sure) that ConfigManager (by Organized Evolution) adds mutators
    to the ServerPackages automatically.
    Also, UT2004 will do this also.

5. {FzS}Fender

{FzS}Fender New Member

In my case, it plays the entire map, then starts it again. You can actually bring mapvote up with the hotkey and change the map if you do it in time. It just doesn't come up automatically at the end. It works fine for regular DM. Now, I've noticed it doing it on all team games. But, I haven't looked at the logs yet. Don't know why I didn't think of it :) Was hoping you might have a quick answer :p

6. HornDog

HornDog Propeller head

BPLoader from Organized Evolution

Features:

When the server is running the invasion gametype,
    this loader will add the Skaarj server packages lines to your
    server's ini, as well as remove those lines when you are
    not running the Invasion gametype.

When the server is running any of the bonus pack mutators,
    or the Mutant or LastManStanding gametype, this loader
    adds the appropriate entries to the server's ini file,
    and removes the appropriate entries when your server is not
    running this gametype/mutator.

You will notice an additional link on the "Defaults" page of
    webadmin - Server Packages. This page can be used to
    determine which loader server packages have been activated.
    You cannot activate the loader from this page. This
    loader is completely passive, and activates/deactivates itself
    without any intervention from the admin.

Download BP1Loader here
    EDIT: The link should work now.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  7. BDB

BDB New Member

Thanks HornDog

8. {FzS}Fender

{FzS}Fender New Member

same issue

Ok, I've tried mapvote v9 and v11 and still the same issue.

9. BDB

BDB New Member

Send me a copy of your server log file (after the problem happened.)
    BDB@planetunreal.com.