Request to borrow smesh from Jailbreak... (devs please read!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NachoMan

Aug 15, 2004
Hi guys,

I've been making a map for ut2k4 and I realised that during the process I have used a static mesh from Jailbreak by accident. Rather than go through my map and remove every instance of it, I thought i'd ask you guys first if I can use it?

The static mesh in particular is called:

Construction_M.Spoon_Floodlight'

If you require any more info, please pm me!

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
? what? .. u maked a Dm map? precise

ps .. u can put them in the Mylevel .. but u will remove the collision of Ragdoll :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Making a JB map automatically allows you to use JB static meshes. If you're making a non-JB map, you gotta find the JB map(s) where the static mesh is located and ask the author(s) for his/hers/their permission.

NachoMan

Aug 15, 2004
The map in question is an alien swarm map.

I was unsure as to which map in Jailbreak uses the static mesh. I was hoping that someone might recognise the name...

thanks for the replies.

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
LOL ,,, WTF ARE U DOING WHIT JB MESHE IN AO WHEN AO HAVE ALL THE GOOD MESHE IN? :stick:

Ps- I love the Chair and Computers deck :biggrin2:

Last edited by a moderator:

NachoMan

Aug 15, 2004
Heh, like I said, I must've put it in by accident when browsing through static meshes... I only realised when I released the beta that some people were missing certain packages.

I can't find a replacement mesh in the default ut2k4 packages, which is why I am asking for permission here. Hopefully someone will recognise the name :)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Yea, its from JB-Heights in the Construction_M package.

I have no problem with you using it, but you will either have to include the Construction_M.usx & Construction_S.utx packages (not worth it for one static mesh).

If you want to include it in your "MyLevel" package (so you don't have to include the packages with your map) do the following:

• Make sure you have something in the "MyLevel" StaticMesh package already (if you don't know what I mean, just right click on your builder brush and go "Convert" > "To staticmesh")
  • Type the following command in the console field (down the bottom of UnrealEd):

obj load file=construction_m.usx package=mylevel

• In the StaticMesh browser, scroll down to the "MyLevel" package, and all the construction meshes should be loaded in there.
  • Select the appropriate floodlight mesh
  • In your map, find the floodlight mesh, right click on it - Select > Matching Static Meshes
  • Open the actor properties window. Under Display > StaticMesh, click "Use".

That should replace the floodlight from the package, with the floodlight from your mylevel package and you dont have to include the package with the map now :)

Last edited:

NachoMan

Aug 15, 2004
Fantastic. Thanks a lot SpoonDog!

-hmm, followed your instructions to the letter, but unfortuntely after i've made the change, when I try to rebuild, the editor crashes :(

Assertion failed: Brush->Polys->Element(i).iLink<Brush->Polys->Element.Num() [File:.\UnBsp.cpp] [Line: 1846]

History: UEditorEngine::bspBrushCSG <- UEditorEngine::csgRebuild <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP REBUILD) <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WPageOptions::BuildGeometry <- WPageOptions::OnBuildClick <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

I've narrowed the problem down to the command:
obj load file=construction_m.usx package=mylevel

rebuilding after that just crashes, bah.

Last edited:

-\Zeta-

Rave-0-Lution
May 22, 2004
canada
yes but if u convert the original meshe (icluded collision on it) and u put it in myLevel (or any other package) u will lost collision .. (i know how to make collision :B)

but for the toppic

i sugjest u Delete all the JB meshe or take the Creator permision (WArning! .. i seended 3 mail to jb team and .. no answer .. Still since 3 month)

NachoMan

Aug 15, 2004
Thanks for the help, I fixed the problem.

I simply opened the package and saved the mesh I needed to myLevel. Problem solved!

Thanks again.