Request for next Mapvote version

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
I purposely did not want to show the name of the player that
placed the kick vote.
I don't think it really maters who placed the vote and by not
showing the name it allows players to place kick vote
anonymously with out fear of retaliation.

-X-

Jan 22, 2000
Visit site
You mean Insta Kick? Yeah that would be nice too... Since sometimes we have idle players and not everyone is gonna vote out an idle player.

How about adding Idle Player kick as well? This could be adjusted by time level by the Admin. Have the Admin also be able to set either Kick or Kick/Ban til next map.

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
How about adding Idle Player kick as well?

There is already a mutator available that does that.
I don't know where you can get it but Catcher has it on his server
and Wes has one on his MyUnreal server.

Anyone know the link for IdlePlayerKick ?

-X-

Jan 22, 2000
Visit site
Well, I have noticed that it would be better to incorporate these features into one mutator cause it would cause less overhead. I run about 10 different mutators and I do notice that the mutators slow down the system significantly. However, if it was all in one mutator, it would increase the game speed cause it would have to do less mod checking.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
How about an admin option which allows the number of times a given map can be played in succession? Maybe allowing any map to be played x times (make this an option) until it's taken out of rotation, or votes for that same map are ignored and the second place map wins the votes...

ie peeps who constantly vote for Face three times over... :(

If this option is already integrated, please excuse my ignorance. :)

el G

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
El Gato... you don't belong here... ;)

Yes there already is a feature that prevents a map from being played repeatedly...

It can be setup to prevent the last map from being played or from letting a map be played until x number of maps have also been played.

Now here's the funny thing. When I was a mere player I really wanted this feature(even asked for it when this forum was elsewhere). Now that I run a little 1v1 dm server I'm likly missing something obvious... but how does one allow maps to be repeated? In a 1v1 situation most guys want to play deck time after time... I'm not going to try and understand that but it happens.

I can also see this mutator turning into a admin mod. Just needs to have the ability for an adminstrator to login and change more settings. Even having an easy way to pick presets would be great too... :)

GoD2.0

Upgrade FreaK
Dec 14, 2000
The House Above
www.gameszone.ro
request #3

Well... how about DM and TDM map voteing? :rolleyes:
It would show both DM and TDM maps, but it will display TDM-Deck16][ if this is the TDM vote option :)

"If this option is already integrated, please excuse my ignorance." :D