[Request] Darkmatch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
We need a mutator to turn Day maps into Night maps. I know its often more complicated than that, but the only mutator we have turns off all lights (EavyDarkmatchIII) and doesn't affect the bot's vision. Something variable, like the old 2.75 inf had.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Derelan said:
We need a mutator to turn Day maps into Night maps. I know its often more complicated than that, but the only mutator we have turns off all lights (EavyDarkmatchIII) and doesn't affect the bot's vision. Something variable, like the old 2.75 inf had.
What makes you think that bot vision has anything at all to do with lighting? Also, to make this look at good at all seems like something beyond the range of a mutator.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
It is not beyond the capacity of a mutator. Hell, it's been done. It'll never be as good as redoing the lighting on a map and recompiling, but that, of course, is useless. And I don't think he's suggesting that bot vision has anything to do with lighting directly; just that it should, or you get one ****ty mutator. Hell, I'd be willing to wager that 25% of the INF community doesn't touch anything that isn't bot compatible.