1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade X - July Media Update

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jul 16, 2008.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Unreal Tournament 3 modification Renegade X has assembled a massive media update for July, featuring many screenshots (some of which are below, quite a few renders, and some work-in-progress video. You can also download the custom music that will be in place.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

WE GOT A PRESENT FOR YA!

That was left handed o_O

3. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

Another sweet update :]

4. -=WolverinE=-

-=WolverinE=- New Member

It looks awesome, but I was wondering if they will add the construction and destruction of buildings and so on that were in the original game.

5. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

YES I AM READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. WarTourist

WarTourist New Member

Memories. Looks rad!

7. Deapblade

Deapblade New Member

Damn, very impressive!

8. Kissaki

Kissaki New Member

I like my present!
    Ready when you are :)

9. end0rphine

end0rphine New Member

This looks awesome!

10. Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB! Deranged Weasel

If by original game you mean the original Command & Conquer, because there was no construction or "destruction" in C&C Renegade.

But to answer your question, no there won't be building construction or complete obliteration of structures either (the second half of your question can be answered by our FAQ more thoroughly).

Q: Will buildings collapse when destroyed?
    A: The short answer is no. We believe it would cause more gameplay problems than it is worth. However, unlike in Renegade where a destroyed building only had a texture change, a few smoke emitters, and red lighting, we'll punch a few holes in the walls, knock over a few support objects, and make debris, but nothing as extreme as total structural collapse.

;)

-edit-
    See also:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  11. NEfobbyGEN

NEfobbyGEN Guest

To clarify what BOB! said, the buildings won't collapse completely, but you will be able to sabotage them, in the sense that if your enemy has a powerplant powering the enemy defenses, you can sabotage it (by means of tanks, weapons, superweapons, and explosives) and the defenses will go offline.

12. Defeat

Mighty BOB gave my response ;0 and yay for keeping it like how they did it in Renegade.

13. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

Wow, this is really looking great. I especially like the coloring and overall feel in the screenshots. I actually kind of enjoyed Renegade when I played it in the "First Decade" C&C game pack. Weapon balance was whack, but still fun.

BTW, I really like the gallery viewer hal (and team). Definitely one of the improvements I am REALLY liking. :):tup:

14. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

I would love to see a C&C3 hand of nod prototype is this mod just to see if it could be done

15. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I have to admit that I quite digg the 5th one with the snowy theme and new weapon. The 6th one just isn't appealing at all. A sniper tower on a flat terrain, with a bunch of rock meshes duplicated around it.

Keep it up.

16. Defeat

That would be Under ;0 Here is what the original looked like in roughly the same area with the same weapon:

[SCREENSHOT]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/370/undershot1gg9.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  17. Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB! Deranged Weasel

Kantham #6 is not a sniper tower. That would be a Watch Tower base defense turret with a 3-barreled vulcan cannon hanging from the ceiling of the nest. ;)

As for the empty space around it, eventually it will be populated with an entire base designed for vehicular and infantry combat. This is all WIP.

18. iCQ

iCQ Softice/MASM reverse engineer

Oh sweet project!!

I was a huge fan of the original command and conquer renegade title! Maybe some of the old players remember me as the admin of the most populair and sweet 64 player server. it was always fun in there... i still miss it (like xmp).

I sure be keeping an eye on this one!

Cheers.