1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade sux and is buggy and i´ll say why!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CAVERNA2K, Mar 4, 2002.

1. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

Cav...it seems almost every post I read from you, you talk with this "I'm better than anyone here or in the world and I'm going to let you all know it" jacked up ego. And it annoys the shit out of me. Dude, do an ego check or something...you don't know how redonculous you sound sometimes.

2. agent

agent <span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w

i'm not sure anymore, seeing how absurd his last post was. maybe he's just joking around.

3. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

unless they've left debug-info in the code I don't see how anything can create human-readable code out of ordinary assembly.
    Hell, even with the sources at hand it's impossible to debug optimized code properly as the code doesn't match the sources in those

That's how DirectX is supposed to work : the game gives instructions and the drivers decide how to handle the stuff the hardware can't. If the drivers aren't good than no amount of coding can get it working properly either.

sure :rolleyes: if you've written the code yourself then it isn't impossible ... but code written by someone else (and without decent comments) is next to impossible. It just is a waste of time & resources to even try it. That's not a shot in the dark, that's like a blind man trying to shoot a target @ 25 meters that's 1 centimeter in diameter ...

:con: How do you 'speck' a language I wonder ... (oh and I speak 4 languages too so don't think that's sooo special)

4. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

bleh anybody with half a brain here has at least some knowldedge of at 3 anguages, many 4 (dutch, english and french and/or german).
    BTW something is certainly ****ed up with Renegade, if i start a game with my voodoo5 I can see trough all the walls as if they weren't there (well at least i can see em coming :D) also when i switch on Geometry Assist the game freezes upon starting it.
    Haven't had these peoblems with any other game so-far.

5. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

Fur, I speak only German and English, does that mean I don't have half a brain? Wait, I know how to say 'yes' and 'no' in Italian, does that count? :p

Yeah shure. I'm not a programmer but I'm able to apply logical thinking to the information I have.

Back than when Sun buyed the Sources for StarOffice they had big problems to understand the sources couse they were a) bad commented and b) most of the few comments where in german.

Looking at the code and understanding it after it's compiled won't even be in the same league as looking at un/bad commented sourcecode.

As for you telling us you took at look at the code, understand it and know where it's bad programmed:

I'm not going to eat that couse it smells and looks like bullsh<i></i>it.

Actualy, I'd have used the same smiley if Beppo (*sacrifice lamb* *forgive me my sins* :D ) had posted that couse it dosn't fit to anything I heard about programminging the last 7 years.

Till now I didn't had much against you but after your insults and general 'i'm uber l33t' behavior in your last post you're on my n00b list.

Oh, BTW, "Tchüs, bis nächst mal, idiot." needs some work.
    I'll give you the correction in form of my good bye sentence:

Tschüs, bis zum nächsten Mal, Idiot.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2002