1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade sux and is buggy and i´ll say why!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CAVERNA2K, Mar 4, 2002.

1. CAVERNA2K

CAVERNA2K Look, a fliing something!!!!!

Just - fortunatelly - downloaded a ISO copy of CNC : Renegade and went for a play...

I´ll sumarize that I miss the 2 cd´s I burned. I uninstalled the game. It´s terrible, buggy... My personal Cray Supercomputer - XP 1700+ / RAID 133/ Kiro 2 - @ humbed 800x600 still lacks to load and play with a minimum 30 fps... Simply Westwood made the worst game by far... Havoc and all other characters are bad jokes and 5700P!|)... The objectives are... sssssssssssugary pops... I rather play CS agaist bots...

I thank the allmighty Lord that crackers exist.

Don´t buy it: you will loose cash. Get it via download. WW does not deserve any money for this crappy game and the CNC games line must not me destroyed by this "pooslice".

2. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

or maybe you could grow up and have some patience, I tweaked my setup and now it runs fine on my machine. Of course getting into the few good servers can be an issue, but that should be fixed with the next patch that will have console ded server support

3. SaraP

SaraP New Member

Uhm, I only have a 1.3 GHz Thunderbird, 256MB PC-133 SDRAM, and GeForce 2 Pro...Renegade works perfectly at 1280x1024 with all the options maxed out.

Methinks thou shouldst tune up thine computer.

4. CAVERNA2K

u could grow up a bit a learn about critics. Next patch... C´mon, patches are like buying a car with a lot of mal functions... Patching is a way to control who has the original game and who does not. that. correcting issues that were left only to patch... I know how to do it, a great way of profit is doing things this way...
    Next patch will be for 3D engine issues, I bet it.

5. CAVERNA2K

SO it must be evil MS XP...

6. })FA|Snake

})FA|Snake New Member

hey I didn't say that the patch will fix the video problems, I said it works fine, I said the patch was goign to add Console dedicated server support. Which only means there will be more good servers

7. NikonStudios

NikonStudios Cpt. Lord Nikon

I have XP and it runs fine on my "1800" Tweak yer system guys and your see the full power of a Westwood Game

PS: Online Game sucks way one woord "GAMESPY", try to play it wiht "all-seeing-eye" its a Gamespy replacer (No Ads or Banners) and it takes less system power or ram so more power is left for ya game ;)

One Big Word "TWEAKING"

8. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

To those who bought it: is $30 worth it, if I get C&C Tiberian Sun with it? :)

9. LifesBane(4Corners)

LifesBane(4Corners) Active Member

Hmm...I still don't get all those troubles....never even had to tweak anything. And sure, there are some bugs, like with me a soundbug where when people are talking telling me things, sometimes it randomly just cuts out. But it's fun. And that's what counts in my book.

10. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Good, we don't need poeple like you on the servers.

11. DeadEyeNick

DeadEyeNick New Member

Kyro2
    The card's your problem, a lot of users are having problem with this card. There are solutions for the problem, but I won't tell you since you prefer the "other" way of purchase, so find out for yourself.
    You are not just cheating the WW of their effort, your cheating the retailers in your area who works hard to earn a living.

12. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

I'm sorry WestWood and effort in one sentence? right, westwood hasn't put "effort" into making a game since the original Command&Conquer, red alert was a joke, red alert 2 wasn't a joke that was just sad, at least they put money into tiberian sun and emperor dune but that about sums up those two.

13. Kibbles-N-Bits

Kibbles-N-Bits New Member

Which crew released the ISO? I know the PrT version of the ISO has something buggy in it. I did the same. Grabbed the ISO's and it sucked. I picked up another not long after (i think deviance, maybe?) And it ran great... which is odd I think. I liked the game enough afterwards I kept the retail copy that Bane got me. I am thinking that PrT's ISO was taken from a proof-disc or something from the copies that were around before it truly went gold. Maybe they got thier hands on a late beta build? :hmm:

Great game :tup:

14. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

- you're using a warez-version => expect bugs and bad stuff to happen ...

// --
    As for anyone playing the real game :
    - the multiplayerdemo ran fine on my system (Athlon 800 MHz, 512 Mb RAM, Ati Radeon 8500 OEM) ... the amount of memory was one of the issues mentioned in a pre-release review I read. However as it was a review of the pre-release code (and not final code ) ...

- there have been 2 patches for the demo and already one for the game itself. And then there's supposed to be another patch that adds flying vehicles ...

- pathetic AI in singleplayer (pretty stupid item to miss IMHO)

All these items to me suggest a 'release now/patch later'-approach by Westwood (ie I think they wanted to release before Unreal 2 ...).

Altough the multiplayer-game was fun (despite having to use GS to search for a decent server), it definitely is a game to avoid IMHO.
    Besides : Unreal 2 has better graphics (or at least at the moment they look better ...), and there were at least rumours of a 'class-based' defend the base multiplayer-gametype.

15. NotBillMurray

NotBillMurray It's Suntory Time!

Heck, I bought it for $40, and I think it's a worthy investment. The game gives a great war feeling to it in both the single and multiplayer enviroments. The game is somewhat well balanced (at least when they increased the pistol dmg), and doesn't have anything crippling yet.

My 1Ghz P3/GF2 plays it fine at 1024x768.

Oh yeah, and the included Westwood Browser is way better than external browsers (even the otherwise great ASE).

Long live integrated browsers!

16. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

Only reason i like the WOL browser better then ASE right now is because there are more servers. :p

17. CAVERNA2K

Thing is: I also got the same "warez" to play in a super machine: athlon 2k+, 512ddr(Muskin Stealth, 333), geforce3. The problems ran away. I put the Geforce3 card: no problems. The famous kiro 2 card - with too much overclock - burned. That was the problem.

So: don´t buy the chipset coolers Crystal Orb. Nor these goddam kiro´s. I´ll wait for my radeon 8500le 128 to arrive...

PS: I aplied the patches, yes. The version is not buggy due to ripping, cracking... It´s the 3D engine. I just got the game.exe file opened in a assembler and the 3d processor is not that good.

Thus, WW just made a game like tribes 2...

I use XP PRO also.

I don´t like online play: I work in my LAN... I´m sick of online play... THX god SP!!!

Cya.

18. Hadmar

Hadmar Queen Bitch of the Universe

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2002
  19. agent

agent <span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w

cavarna2k, das uber-idiot, strikes again.

20. CAVERNA2K

agent: uber idiot u r mofocker. Hadmar also. There are some guys that simply have nothing to loose, then become loose cannons, shooting at everybody... Go lick you gramma´s ass, and i´ll stay here at my joy full work polishing my marriage ring.

I use some stuff for retro-engeneering here: disassemblers. They put the c++ code into assembly code. (the so called processor language, that I´ll be starting within 4 months: Numerical Analisys)

Via debuggin - F10 - I can see when the 3D engine is used, then, it´s memory use and such. The Renegade 3d engine is custom built for the game, and it´s the 1st one WW made for FPS, and I´m sorry, but it sucks. In a Geforce MX card it simply puts many FX that the card can´t handle well, makin the game go faulty.

Retro-engennering is best used for code optimizing, via .h and .obj file. In many times the same code u did, the recompiler makes smaller - but not always effective and workin´. It´s a shot in the dark, but n many times saved some code lines and headaches.

By now, if DB is reading, why don´t u just dust off some guys, like Hadmar and agent.

BTW: I´ll ge going to Germany soon. I´ll take YOUR JOBS AND I´LL MAKE YOU JOBLESS!!! Thx god I speck some 4 languages ...

Tchüs, bis nächst mal, idiot.