Remove Feign Death

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Remove Feign Death??

• Just Remove it. I think its cheap

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Keep it with these suggestions(fade to black and stamina hit)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Keep it. I think its a valid tactic

Votes: 44 62.9%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
I think the ablity to Feign death in deathmatch comes off as more of a cheat than a acctual tactic. If you are unclear on this check out Domino's postMy guide to Feigning Death.

I think that it should be removed or at the least casue the those who Feign death to get a massive Stamina hit, and take there vision away(fade to black). since one would have there eyes closed inorder to look dead. also taking away most of there visual ablity to set up a ambush.

this prevents easy kills through feign death and then going prone to get the kill. since they have to wait till they can hear them.

but untill this is added I don't think feign death should be added.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
I think feign death is an good tactic, but the current feign death is surprisingly unreal.(try feigning in front of a mirror in Shooting Range)
I think it needs to be fix, not removed.
btw, i shoot "dead" bodies. :p

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Get a life, Phatcat. It is a legitimate tactic and has been used in real wars for centuries. If you do not like it, do what the rest of us do and go around shooting bodies. There will never be <i>law</i> against it in war, and therefore it should not be taken out of the game. Taking it out of the game would be a cheap and whiny thing to do. Get over it and play nice with the rest of us...and shoot the <i>dead</i> bodies :)

Get a life, Phatcat.

hey I'm just seeing what every one thinks of this. I think of it as unbalanced. and unrealistic in the current state :eek:

It is a legitimate tactic and has been used in real wars for centuries. If you do not like it, do what the rest of us do and go around shooting bodies. There will never be law against it in war, and therefore it should not be taken out of the game.
and so is usesing your teamateas a human sheilds cowering your way up the front. but I guess you would call that a tactic also :rolleyes:

Taking it out of the game would be a cheap and whiny thing to do. Get over it and play nice with the rest of us...and shoot the dead bodies
define "rest of us". do you have a valid number of who supports you and who does not? NO, you probably don't. thats why I made this post.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
<b>from you:</b><br>hey I'm just seeing what every one thinks of this. I think of it as unbalanced. and unrealistic in the current state
Where have you mentioned <i><b>why</b></i> it is unrealistic in it's current state? Why does one have to have their eyes closed to look dead? The models don't have their eyes closed when they die. Most people do not have their eyes closed when they die, especially if they suffered from a brutal or violent death.
<b>in regard to me saying it is a valid tactic, you wrote:</b><br>and so is usesing your teamateas a human sheilds cowering your way up the front. but I guess you would call that a tactic also
That's right, when you cannot defend your point, feel free to bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. That has nothing to do with what I was writing. Stop trying to divert people's attention away from your poor debating and spelling skills :p
<b>from me:</b><br>Taking it out of the game would be a cheap and whiny thing to do. Get over it and play nice with the rest of us...and shoot the dead bodies
<b>from you:</b><br>define "rest of us". do you have a valid number of who supports you and who does not? NO, you probably don't. thats why I made this post.
Well, from the results of the poll thus far and by reading the other thread which you graciously posted the link to, I think I do have a leg to stand on, you arrogant bastage.

Now, sit down, STFU and let the poll talk. I am sure this lot has heard enough from both of us at this point :p

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I said it on the other post and I'll say it here. The only reason Napolean was stopped on land during his world conquest was because of two things. Getting caught in the cold weather of Russia and the Russian using feign death. The hid amongst the dead after fights and would pop and up and kill the Napoleonic troops in hand to hand fighting - which they were better at apparently.

So what you are saying is that to avoid being cowards they should have all died and fought with honour? That would have been a great idea.............:rolleyes:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I think it should stay in, but you should take a stamina hit when you get up (as much as jumping at least). And if you move more then the "weapon float" then your "dead" body should move too.

However many dead have their eyes open so the fade to black thing doesn't work for me.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Phatcat, Let's settle this now, IN-GAME, no holds barred... I bet you I can cap your ass with my berretta alone.

Last edited:
Phatcat, Let's settle this now, IN-GAME, no holds barred... I bet you I can cap your ass with my berretta alone.

settle what? this is not WWF. I made this post to see what people thought of the feign death. I'm not here to arugue about tactics ect. or attack any one. I just want to see what the community thinks of feign death, and to either to get rid of it, leave it as is, or find another way to deal with it.

your "challenge" leads me to belive that you think this is some sort of personal attack on you. It isn't, so don't flatter yourself.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
So in other words domino, you have found something strange that you can beat him with.
You can say the same thing with the prone error. That doesn't prove its validity.

I want you to examine this point.

look at the standard UT Keyboard setup list.
note that there is a area to bind "feign death"

now look at the INF set
note that there is NO area to bind "feign death"

now other than that, that whole section of keys has all the standard UT keys, and the standard INF ECCEPT!! for the feign death.

so don't you think that you where not intended to use the feign death command??

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
but what exactly is the problem? You can shoot em, toss a nade on em or simply check for their name to pop up. Also they do not have immediate firing capabilities when they come out of it. I really don' see it as a problem. (BTW it ruled in tac ops. I used to feighn death near the hostages and then shoot the rescuers in the back :D).

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
IMHO, it should be kept but with stamina gradually decreasing, since, to feign death, you are supposed to hold your breath (i've never seen dead people breathing). This or holding the "hold breath" key, and when you run out of stamina/breath your body moves like if you were breathing, warning people who pay attention.
It's only my opinion anyway...

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
hmm, well you don't have to hold your breath, you can also slow it to a trickle which would deplete your stamina but only to a certain level and very slowly.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
hey guy, feign death has legitimately saved my life on more than one occasion. once in MWH a guy tagged me with a shotgun but i wasn't dead so i feigned death right in front of him (i was the last guy left on the team too), he went prone and when he started reloading his shotgun i got up and ran for cover, and then stood right over him and wasted him with my m16. then i jumped into a window and got my @$$ blown off. but still, this guy should have figured that because the round wasn't ending that i was alive, so he was a dumbass (at least for the evening/round in question). it may not take a lot of time to get up from feigning but that can be changed. besides it takes you at least a few seconds to get up and get your weapon drawn.

ratfink35

May 6, 2001
cincinnati ohio
Visit site
first of all feigning death is REALISTIC if u dont think so .. ummmm go to the closest shrink !!! example vietnam .......... u fall down wipe some blood on u from ure team ate ... MASS vietcongs walk by.... pop up from behind them as they walk by and dat dat dat dat dat dat dat ! i rest my case .. im right ! ......