Remote access to dial-up modem.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
There's a dial-up modem on my networked computer, but I want to be able to dial with it from the host computer. Is this possible? If so, how?

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by Deathwing
There's a dial-up modem on my networked computer, but I want to be able to dial with it from the host computer. Is this possible? If so, how?
you are wanting to use machine "A" to use machine "B"'s modem to dial into..yout network??? what??

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
It works!

My friend has a shared modem connection so i know it works. It's pretty slow, but it works. However, he uses WinXP although I think ME does it as well. I'm sure Linux supports it as well.

S

SpiritWalker

Originally posted by StoneViper
last i heard internet sharing only worked on broadband or cable connections

It works with dial up..but think about it.. sharing a 56K ewww!!

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
No, IC isn't what I mean. Machine A has a dial-up modem, and I want to dial with it using machine B, and have access to what its dialing on machine B.

S

SpiritWalker

the only way that I can think of right off hand is to use Terminal Services.. (in 2K or X/P Corp ed.)..or use PC Anywhere, maybe Laplink gold.. what you need to do is log on to Machine A as an Admin from Machine B..that will give you total control over Machine A...so you need to have the correct users and groups set up...