Remember that Star Wars kid?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
The bastards deserve to be sued. I hope the ****ers lose their homes and spend the rest of their pathetic lives paying for what they did.

That won't happen and to bad.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
They say the four stole the video from a school filing cabinet where Ghyslain had stored a video camera he was using for a student project.
Well, that may be true...and I feel bad for the kid, but really. So he was humiliated. He needs to stand up and get over it. Some of them were pretty funny, like the one with the actual sabre effects and star wars music. I don't think the kids should be sued, though. They posted it on the web...yeah, sure. Star Wars kid left it out, in the tape recorder. WHAT THE FUCK!? If you did something that you considered so embarasing, and then you TAPED it, with PUBLIC property, YOU ****ed up by leaving it in the school's cabinet. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy. if he figured he'd be so embarased by the tape, he shouldn't have left it at school, nor filmed it in the first place. The only thing that the kids that digitized it did was copyright theft. The 'trauma' experienced by star wars kid was all his own, and even worse, all in his head. At the same time though, I don't want to defend the *******s that uploaded this video...I just don't think suing is the answer. Maybe filming them being kicked in the nuts by Star Wars Kid and posting it on the internet would suffice. Well...he didn't exactly have a good start ... I mean, Ghyslain ... that's the poor kid's first name...yikes.

I'd love to meet the guy and give him a few bits of my mind, including thanks. He's famous...or should it be infamous? for videotaping what every single nerd, dork, geek, and dweeb has done. Admit it: you've found a cardboard tube or pvc pipe or long stick and pretended you were a jedi. *VAARRRURMMM* *VRRUUUMM* In actuality, we should all thank this guy...he's saved us the chance of humiliating ourselves to the world ;)

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
EDIT: Just saw the video for the first time. It's good that the video made it onto the internet. That way he'll never be able to breed. I'd throw the case out if I was the judge.

Last edited:

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
fb94ec04.jpg

Last edited:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
yeah i remember reading an interview from him (made by one of the 2 guys that put the video on their blogs first), and he sounded ok with it. i guess it's the parents you have to blame

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Keganator said:
Well, that may be true...and I feel bad for the kid, but really. So he was humiliated. He needs to stand up and get over it. ...
it's one thing to be humiliated in front of your class / school ...
but the entiring ff-ing internet is a bit too much.

Admit it: you've found a cardboard tube or pvc pipe or long stick and pretended you were a jedi. *VAARRRURMMM* *VRRUUUMM* In actuality, we should all thank this guy...he's saved us the chance of humiliating ourselves to the world ;)
/me quietly drops his cardboard tube ...

I never pretended to have done such a thing. ;)

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
no I think he should just be happy for the publicity because from what I know of his hard ass quebec parents, this is his 15 minutes, its all downhill for him from here

I certainly wouldnt mind, if this had happened to me. Except no one who saw the video will ever breed with him.

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
A_Rimmerlister said:
it's one thing to be humiliated in front of your class / school ...
but the entiring ff-ing internet is a bit too much.

I actually think that's much better than being degraded in school. The Internet is anonymous, people laugh about him but in a few weeks no one will care any more. In school people will keep picking on you for a long time once they've started.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Well... so maybe I do do stuff like that at home.

But at least I'm good at it. ;) I could kick that kid's ass anyday.