1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Remember summoner from XMP?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Nurulwai, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Nurulwai

Nurulwai ...

I've removed the download link.

I'd rather not release this until I can get it working 'properly' -- ie: you dont need to mess around with serveractors to make it work.

Sorry you think I'm bragging, Loib, ("oh look i'm so great I made a mutator yay go me!"), but I aint :)

Just FYI -- If anyone joins the server, the existing commandset is:
    Code:
    Mutate Summon <item> - summons an item. You can replace item with a vehicle name (ie: manta, raptor) and it will summon a vehicle.
    Mutate Set <package.class> <variable> <value> - allows you to set a variable.
    Mutate MakeAdmin <name> - makes <name> an admin
    Mutate UnMakeAdmin <name> - undoes the above

Mutate God - Invincible!
    Mutate Ghost - walk through walls
    Mutate Fly - Erm, flying.
    Mutate Walk - undoes fly and ghost

Mutate SetSpeed <scale> - set your walking/flying speed
    Mutate SetSize <scale> - change your size
    Mutate SetGravity <num> - changes gravity
    Mutate Teleport - teleports you to what you're looking at
    Mutate SloMo <scale> - slows the game down

Mutate AllWeapons - Gives you all guns
    Mutate AllAmmo - Bit bugged, effectively gives you infinite ammo.
    Mutate Loaded - executes both the above commands

Mutate MakeNoise <sound> - plays <sound> to everyone.

2. DarK_AssassiN

DarK_AssassiN ≡DarK_AssassiN≡

Admin?

When I went on to your server no one was there. So I decided to play around in there but I couldnt make any of the commands work! So I thought maybe I have to be an admin. I used the make admin command. Didn't work. So what do I do if Im playing by myself? I can't make myself an admin :(

3. Freakish

Freakish Speed Addict

Wow, this is a neat hack - I'd be very interested in how you did it will..

4. CoD

CoD New Member

hi- did anyone download this before link was taken away 'cos I wouldn't mind trying to use it with my friend on a private server, so if anyone did d/l and still has it could you say where to find it- thanks :D

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Just FYI - if you weren't "bragging" you would have told others how to do it.

Not that I didn't figure out how you did it pretty easily, which is why there are about 8 IG servers on the server list now, but perhaps some others might like to know.

Not only would it be unbecoming of me now to spill the beans FOR you, but because of what happened with IG I decided not to spill the beans at all. Maybe it was such a moral issue for you too.

6. CoD

CoD New Member

uhmm but IG doesn't have anything to do with his mutator as far as I can work out. Though IG Onslaught is weird :lol: (instagib hardly hurts vehicles).

But anyway did you mean you knew how to make the summoner work in ut2k4 Sir_Brizz ? if so tell me please :D

7. Sir_Brizz

No it doesn't. But thanks to people I talked to shooting off their mouths, IG is being played in the demo. No thanks.

8. CoD

CoD New Member

ah I see what you mean. I like IG now and again but I always preferred the original UT's IG to ut2k3/4's. Dunno why :) So anyone got the mutator for me ? :D

9. Nurulwai

Nurulwai ...

I DID TELL PEOPLE HOW TO DO IT!

10. Kilrogg

Kilrogg New Member

Wow wow calm down everyone ^___^

I'm not astounded by that though, [-will-] is the one who created WeaponStuff after all ;)

BTW will, am I wrong if I think you'll make a mod out of it ? (once you've got rid of those bugs and other several issues as you said ?)

Anyway, waiting for that ^___^

A question though: this commandset thingie, how do you use it on Instant Action ? (can't play online :()

[EDIT] ROFLMAO at your screenshots !!! Especially those with lots of goliaths and scropions and those with gigantic characters ! :clap:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  11. CoD

CoD New Member

Kilrogg- you need the mutator thing that had the d/l link removed. I got so far trying with the XMPSummoner but then after i got it to mutate adminlogin (which worked) the commands wouldn't. But for instant action you can use normal commands ,eg. changesize 50 (this takes up half the map :D). I understand the concept of making it work, but not having the custom version made to work with the demo is holding my progress back :( :)

12. Sir_Brizz

Yes well I noticed that but not on this thread. Sorry :)

13. Nurulwai

Nurulwai ...

Yeah I did -- scroll up! :)

14. Burning Fish

Burning Fish My brain hurts!

Bumpedeebump! Is there a downloadlink already?

15. DarK_AssassiN

DarK_AssassiN ≡DarK_AssassiN≡

I still cant get it to work? :(

16. CoD

CoD New Member

For those who have it already (as I don't think the download link is meant to be public knowledge so I won't give it out) here are the install instructions:

Shove the file in your ut2k4demo>system folder.

Open up ut2004.ini and find ServerActors (NOT ! ServerPackages which is directly below actors) and add:

ServerActors=filename.u

Save and exit that file. Start a new online game and make an admin password.

Once in game type adminlogin password

Then try such commands as summon manta (as you can see this isn't the normal summoning command, it's just that the mutator has new summon commands for ease of use) :) For those wanting to find out more of the commands they can open up the .u file in notepad and search through it.

17. Burning Fish

Burning Fish My brain hurts!

:'( What is this all about? I know what Summoner is, it was great for XMP, but when he released that one you could just download it. How do I get this one?

18. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

um we do realize the retail is out in one week, right..... we just can't wait that long?

19. CoD

CoD New Member

more than a week according to amazon-but anyway- even the full version wont allow summoning online I bet ;) unless you use the mutator.

BurningFish- the XMPSummoner was publically released in the XMP Community bonus pack, the one for ut2k4 was released but then withdrawn from the public. That's why you can't just go and download it like you can with the XMP version. :)