Remaking Invisible War with Deus Ex SDK (need help)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neveos

Mar 2, 2010
Hey, I'm actually looking to improve upon the general plot of the Invisible War game by remaking it with the Deus Ex SDK. Bringing back old characters (impressionist doing the voices) and adding back-story with the newspapers, and improving on the conclusions of certain scenarios like NG Resonance, etc. I think it's a really good game, but I just couldn't shake the idea of improving it while I was playing it to the finish by bringing back the gameplay from the first game.

This is coinciding with my girlfriend's need to develop a portfolio for her interior design discipline and has already re-mapped the first apartment-level in Invisible War, which she managed in a couple hours using 3d studio max out of personal interest. Now, I'm somewhat familiar with these old sdk programs like Hammer and now this one, but I've never had any clue as to how to import models built in other programs like 3d studio max. I've got a lot of people telling me it's a big hassle, and I agree, _but_ if anyone knows a quick fix for this, I can knock these levels out in no time with her expertise in 3d studio max.

I'm running into some help-files online, but a lot of the links for conversion software are broken and the ones that aren't are confusing me badly (like using DOS when I'm running Vista). I'm just not ultra computer competent or familiar with the lingo, but I've got a lot of drive to do this mod.

So if you guys have, or know of, a way to make these static portions of a level (the map) in 3d studio max, and then for me to bring them into the Deus Ex sdk, I'd be super grateful.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Hey, I'm actually looking to improve upon the general plot of the Invisible War game by remaking it with the Deus Ex SDK. Bringing back old characters (impressionist doing the voices) and adding back-story with the newspapers, and improving on the conclusions of certain scenarios like NG Resonance, etc. I think it's a really good game, but I just couldn't shake the idea of improving it while I was playing it to the finish by bringing back the gameplay from the first game.

This is coinciding with my girlfriend's need to develop a portfolio for her interior design discipline and has already re-mapped the first apartment-level in Invisible War, which she managed in a couple hours using 3d studio max out of personal interest. Now, I'm somewhat familiar with these old sdk programs like Hammer and now this one, but I've never had any clue as to how to import models built in other programs like 3d studio max. I've got a lot of people telling me it's a big hassle, and I agree, _but_ if anyone knows a quick fix for this, I can knock these levels out in no time with her expertise in 3d studio max.

I'm running into some help-files online, but a lot of the links for conversion software are broken and the ones that aren't are confusing me badly (like using DOS when I'm running Vista). I'm just not ultra computer competent or familiar with the lingo, but I've got a lot of drive to do this mod.

So if you guys have, or know of, a way to make these static portions of a level (the map) in 3d studio max, and then for me to bring them into the Deus Ex sdk, I'd be super grateful.

Oh hai again!

http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&p=77579&sid=1f5e26b5008dc596af5862426a8cba7c#p77579

Vortex Convict

May 23, 2010
By Deus Ex SDK, do you mean that you are recreating Invisible War through the SDK for the first Deus Ex, or the SDK for Invisible War? If you mean through the Deus Ex 1 SDK, it sounds challenging, but it sounds like an intriguing idea as well. In Invisible War, the level design was very cramped, while in Deus Ex, the level design was very wide. Also, in the first Deus Ex, it was easier to knock enemies unconscious through the riot baton than it was in the sequel. The classic AI of Deus Ex would probably be more preferrable to the Invisible War AI, whatever its flaws. If you manage to perfect the incorporate the interface of Invisible War into a workable form in Deus Ex, find voice actors who could speak in the spirit of Deus Ex 1's voice acting, and probably integrate the original art concepts for Invisible War (and maybe bring back the Rentons and Bob Page), I would find the mod very interesting.