reloading "newyork style"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
Col. Sanders: My gripe is that bulk is only part of the problem of carrying multiple weapons. Since one of the threads of the argument was "We can have two different weapons, why not two same ones?" I had to agree but since the ultimate goal is not implementing cool ideas - or even logically sound ones - but having a _realistic game_, I still think that a military mod where you can pack two sidearms - identical or not - and only (someday) lose a little running speed because of bulk, is not realistic.

Because of this, I personally would prefer programming time be allocated to eliminate (or better: penalize) the unrealistic fact that you can easily carry multiple weapons, than to make sure that somewhat unrealistic features are dispersed evenly.

To me it's like saying "We have the 'mikey mouse'-skin, so why not the 'minnie mouse', too?" Indeed why not, if that was the case, but why not get _rid_ of the 'mikey mouse'-skin and solve the problem that way?

Again: if it can be penalized in a way that reflects the real life _military_ sense of taking a second sidearm (i.e. not much, or believe me, they would issue two), fine with me, and make sure you can take two of the same too. If not though, I think the possibility of taking two of any class of firearm should be eliminated altogether, because that is more realistic in the end than the other way.

And finally, because IMVHO a bulk system will never fully be able to reflect the penalties of taking too much gear, I think other measures should be taken to eliminate unrealistic behaviour in the loadout department.

Don't get me wrong, I believe very much in the bulk system, I just am currently unsure if it will be able to counter all the loadout problems currently represented. We shall see, but until then I had rather things stay the way they are lest we get stuck halfway down a road that is not realistic.

Aug 12, 2000
Switzerland
On the other hand, maybe you're right. Chalk this one up under 'too much realism is bad'... It's kind of fun to scew around with your loadout from time to time, even if it's totally unrealistic.

Wolf concurs. :D

Dr.Dase

Feb 26, 2001
Why the hell would you want to carry multiple sidearms anyway, many troops are not even issued with one, they are practically useless on the battlefield! It's sometimes even better to ditch the sidearm and take extra ammo for your primary weapon, you'll probably have more use of that. Why run out of ammo for your primary, only to use a lousy weapon, if you can carry extra ammo and not run out that fast?

I know that sidearms are useful in case you loose your primary weapon, or for some instances of extreme CQB or in case of jams, but seriously, is this such a big deal?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
well it is easy to fix, just limit the amount of pistols of one type to 2 and the problem is solved, untill we get a more detailed bulk and gear system then the limit could be removed completely.