Reloading a map crashs the editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
For me at least, if I load map then try to load the same map again the editor crashs, is it meant to be like this? Creating a new map, then loading map again works.

Exact instructions on how to reproduce:
Open unreal ed, go to file->open and open EM_Runtime then repeat.

This is the error I get:
No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2414 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700 (6436)

Assertion failed: Obj->GetLinker() [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 2648]

History: PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="C:\OE\Maps\EM_Runtime.urt") <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- FileOpen <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

debeoulve

Banned
Apr 7, 2004
The Netherlands
no problems here

I cannot reproduce this... everything seems to work as it should, just reopening the file (and resetting the viewports etc if they've been rotated/moved)

I'm using Windows 2K SP3 on an AMD2600+, same video card.

Jos