1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Religious/Evolutionary Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by QUALTHWAR, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Zlal

Zlal New but not improved.

I'm sure if there were aliens the bible could be "altered" or at least interpreted in some way or form to counter the fact.
    Thats a point... is there anything in the bible that could suggest aliens anyway?

2. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Not really. But Bible fanatics have a habit of twisting the words to fit their opinions so much...I'm sure it wouldn't be much harder to find a way to explain aliens.

3. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

I, too, believe that the fossil evidence is compelling. When you set the fossil record and the bible side-by-side, and you consider the two without any biases, you have to come to the conclusion that the fossil record is something tangible, while the bible has nothing to back it up. With the bible, you are relegated to faith; you believe it because I tell you to believe it.

4. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

That's typically the realm of cranks like Von Daniken, who make up crazy sh*t (Such as: Obviously, the vast, man made straight lines on the plain at Nazca were UFO landing strips) and twist the Bible or whatever else they can find to fit. "Jesus was a space alien" conspiracy theories are quite common. There was a guy who claimed the book of Ezekiel described an alien craft, and when I saw the artist's impression as a child who'd read Ezekiel I giggled for at least five minutes.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  5. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

is ezkeel still mapping?

6. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

Well, after a bit of googling, I found a link to one of his old level design tutorials. I think it's great, on so many levels, that the link says "You searched for adult sex".

Presumably the tutorial was about how to put a giant cross in the middle of a map.

7. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

8. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

..it was how to put a giant something into the middle of something alright. :B

9. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

God is real,God is good,And all this antichrismass antiGod stuff,is for the people who all they think about is selfish Me Me Me,go ahead,is there really any reason for reading,seeing,hearing the word "god" and or rubutt the people who do believe?

NO !!!
    only other than their selfishness "oh "I" am so offended" Puleeez.
    Like all selfabsorbing entertainment
    kids having sex,drugs,violent;faggoty;sexed out TV,swearing but see,all of that is ok,but whoa don't let me read "god" aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghghgh.

10. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Not because someone tells you,because one is not self serving and believs there is a higher being,and it's not for any person to tell,it can only be believed,I see your a big time questoner of faith,wich is fine,non the less the bible is real,and seems to still be around,even if you do all this comparison to fossils etc etc,and one has to admit the bible has alot of human aid in dealing with the world or individual ideas.

11. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

The bible is still around because people like you are still around too!
    The cults of the peyote eating and worshipping indios of southamerica were much longer around than christianity is now and they didnt need a bible to not forget their religion but it took christian missionaries only a few decades to totally mindfsck them and to destroy their culture... "in the name of god".

for the rest of your senseless gibberish, get out more!

12. militaryspetproject

militaryspetproject Kissy!

ROFLMAOLOLOLOLOL)OLOLOLO
    LMAOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOOOOLLLLLOOOOOLLOL.
    Dumbass.

No entry found for faggoty.

fag·ot also fag·got ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
    n.
    A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
    A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

tr.v. fag·ot·ed, also fag·got·ed fag·ot·ing, fag·got·ing fag·ots, fag·gots
    To bind into a fagot; bundle.
    To decorate with fagoting.

You do realize faggoty isnt even a word right.

Damn kids and their bundle of sticks.

MORON.

13. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Who cares, you know what I mean,now look up gay ,that word is just in the brainwashing to make people think faggoty lifestyle is not a bad thing.
    Wish those freaks would keep to themselves,tired of it,go bunn eachother all day long,nock yourselves out,or gets aids,well deserved caution,just like any other sexual desease.

But besides all of that,I just wanted to add,there is more anti religion people trying to impose there ideas than people telling you to believe in God these days.

14. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Nonetheless the bible has much to say,unlike getting fried on some drug,besides as long as they know about it is all god needs for judgement day,and you too,so "people like you around" is exactly the attitude of selfish,selfserving,way you are,unlike me who don't care if you don't believe in god.Plus it's all up to you,wether you believe or not,and I believe all anti religion is just a manifestation,of the little cold desolate beings who are pissed at themselves cause they have no beliefs in anything accept Me Me Me.

15. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Not sure if you directed this to anyone in this thread or just venting in general, but I couldn't understand what you were saying in this "paragragh".

Nobody gets more offended by stuff than Christian groups or other "groups" or a particular type of people in this country, whether they be religious, gay, feminist, gay feminist, black, hispanic, italians who don't like stereotypes, or midgets. And those self-absorbed kids you speak of, young people having random sex, doing drugs, being gay and in your face homosexual, cursing like a drunk biker....all these kids were in my catholic Highschool ;) Doesn't matter if you believe in god or not, all of the above exist on both sides of the fence.

You kind of just proved Qualthwar's point here. Why do most people believe in the first place? Unless God came down from heaven and told you to follow him, chances are either your parents taught you to believe in God when you were a kid or someone raised you to believe in that stuff. Or you "found" God later in life for whatever reason. Point is, very few people "believe" on their own in comparison to those who were forced into it. Whether it be kids who don't think to question Mom or Dad or some poor African "stick-thrower" who gets imprisoned by missionaries and forced to wear slacks and pray.

Yeah the bible has alot in their about respecting human and life and being good. The problem is people aren't always good and as history and current event show us, just cus a person reads the bible doesn't mean they do good things.

Evolution however, well, nobody was ever forced to "believe" in it. In fact I don't see many people saying "I believe" when they talk about it. Evolution is much safer than religion in terms of a belief structure. The only fault that seems to be "wrong" with it is that alot of religious mentality, like you Red Fist and like every theology teacher I've had in 12 years of christian schooling, is that it has more hands on evidence than religion and isn't hard to swallow nomatter how skeptical you are. Oh what a crime. I don't see evolution as a viable alternative to religion since alot of it is theory....but at least evolutionists realize this and are the first to say so, where you'll rarely get a religious teacher to admit the faults of their faith. I've also noticed in my 21 years on planet Earth, that evolution doesn't discriminate and exclude like religion does. In fact, tell me how many people were murdered, raped, imprisoned, and enslaved over evolution theories?

What it comes down to is that religion tends to be a " either your with us all the way or you have no faith" insitution, where evolution is in constant discussion and welcomes challenges to its validity. Anyone can approach evolution with an open mind and an open heart and make decisions for themselves based on what they see, a "free will" if I ever saw one.

16. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Way to prove MY point ;) Evolution doesn't care if you are gay or not.

17. Frostblood

Frostblood Strangely compelling...

Wise words.

TURN your attention upon yourself and beware of judging the deeds of other men, for in judging others a man labors vainly, often makes mistakes, and easily sins; whereas, in judging and taking stock of himself he does something that is always profitable.

We frequently judge that things are as we wish them to be, for through personal feeling true perspective is easily lost.

If God were the sole object of our desire, we should not be disturbed so easily by opposition to our opinions. But often something lurks within or happens from without to draw us along with it.

Many, unawares, seek themselves in the things they do. They seem even to enjoy peace of mind when things happen according to their wish and liking, but if otherwise than they desire, they are soon disturbed and saddened. Differences of feeling and opinion often divide friends and acquaintances, even those who are religious and devout.
    - Thomas a Kempis, "The Imitation of Christ"

18. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

This is all so futile.

Good quote Frosty. Though, I thought your Wise words comment was initially directed at Red Fist :D

19. QUALTHWAR

Unfortunately, for you and your way of thinking, science has done just the opposite of me, me, me and self-servitude. Case in point: for countless years, people thought we were at the center of the universe, and the only planet with life. While we haven’t found irrefutable proof of life on other planets, we now know that we aren’t the center of the universe and that it’s very probable that life exists on other planets.

This takes away our arrogant me, me, me attitudes and demonstrated to us that we are nothing more than an insignificant life form on a tiny speck that revolves around our sun, in a solar system that’s located about two-thirds of the way out on the spiral arms of our galaxy. That there are countless galaxies evolved in a vast universe.

I don’t see why people think the bible is the word of a god. Is it because the bible has been around for so long and so many people believe it, it has to be right? If you ask me, that’s self-serving. People thought the earth was flat for a lot longer than any bible belief, but they were wrong.

You mention how more and more people seem to be trying to show that god doesn’t exist, and that makes perfect sense. The longer our civilization evolves and the more we know, the more we see how the bible is nothing more than a book written by man.

I think the bible was written by man to thwart the behavior of people long ago and to restore some sort of order to their world. Violent things were happening and people saw a need to stop, or slow a lot of that. It is a good guide to how people should behave in some instances, and many church people are caring, giving people. Having said that, it doesn’t imply that the bible is the word of god.

I would like to hear why people believe in a god. What evidence do you have that god exists in the sense that Christians thinks he exists. I mean, many of us have presented very good arguments against religion and I’m not hearing any strong evidence by god-fearing people ‘for’ religion.

Examine what you know closely: What really makes you think the bible is right? You see other people believing in god and going to church, but is that evidence that god exists? No, it’s just evidence that a bunch of people think the world is still flat, to use a metaphor. What ‘observational’ evidence do you have that god exists? Give me something tangible.

20. QUALTHWAR

Another thing that’s always bothered me is if the bible is the word of god, then why is it open to so much interpretation? Let’s assume for a moment that the bible is the word of god and not man; why do people who believe in the bible interpret many things differently? Wouldn’t god want all these people who believe in him to know what he’s trying to say?

Aside from that argument, you have many religions and many beliefs. Why is your religion right and the others wrong? Why are you so sure you have it right? The problem is how are you going to prove to people of other faiths that you are right and they are wrong? Maybe you can convince them with your me, me, me attitude.