1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Religious/Evolutionary Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by QUALTHWAR, Dec 2, 2004.

1. QUALTHWAR

QUALTHWAR Baitshop opening soon.

Oh Yeah!

2. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

"Gimme sum suga Eve"

and that's how we got kicked out of paradise.

3. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

There is no God.

Monkeys evolved from Man.

Jesus was gay.

Some monkeys are Gay.

The Big bang theory is when the universe performed double anal on itself.

Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong because I'm a priest and also a scientist who fights ninjas on my spare time when I'm not stabbing hookers.

4. Dying_corpse

Dying_corpse New Member

therefor some monkeys are jesus

5. QUALTHWAR

just the hippie monkeys

6. Twrecks

Twrecks Spectacularly Lucky

God told me he was terribly sorry for the mess he made, if someone was nice enough to blow it all up he could start over and make sex something you could have at any time.

7. QUALTHWAR

I only have one firecracker left after the 4th of July.

8. AMmayhem

AMmayhem Mayhem is everywhere

I could yell "BOOM!" as loud as I could... :con:

9. QUALTHWAR

The way I understand it, the cradle of evolution is Africa. This means if you’re an American, you’re an African American, no matter what the color of your skin is.

There is plenty of evidence in the mitochondrial DNA of family lines that demonstrate how people came out of Africa and moved across European countries and into the Americas and all corners of the world.

The reason why people are black is because of their exposure to intense sun in Africa. It’s evolutionary advantageous to have dark skin to absorb harmful radiation and be tall and thin so less surface area is exposed to the sun while more surface area is present to dissipate heat.

I heard once how many generations it takes for a line of black people to become white and vice versa, but I don’t remember the exact number now. It was something like 10 or 20 generations. This means that if you’re white and move to a place like Africa and roam the prairie all the time in search for food and your offspring do the same, etc. etc., after so many generations they will become black. In fact, it’s likely that you have more in common genetically with a black person sitting to your left than a white person sitting to your right. The only obvious difference is skin pigmentation.

10. QUALTHWAR

I want to mention something else that’s always bothered me about the Adam and Eve thing. Where’s the gene pool? We have leopards and other animals in captivity, and the wild, whose species are dying out or having problems with birth defects because there isn’t a large enough population for them. Too much interbreeding is causing problems. The same thing happens with people.

Are you going to tell me that 2 people started our population? They have children, and then who has sex? Do the children have sex with each other or the parents? If so, and they have more children, do they have sex with their brothers, sisters, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, etc?

Then we have the world being destroyed by a flood, with only a few survivors. Who do they (the human survivors) have sex with? It’s the same problem. I mean, forget about the logistics of finding and capturing two of every creature; you couldn’t locate them all even if you tried and even if you could, who’s to say they are healthy? I saw a show where they calculated it would take so make millions of years, or some stupidly high number, for one person to collect all the species on the earth at the time of Noah. How does he get around to all the corners of the planet? Is he going to Antarctica and digging up microbes and herding polar bears back to the boat? Are you going to tell me that god helped him out with getting from one corner of the earth to the other? If so, god might as well go ahead and do pretty much everything else if he’s gone that far. Then we are back to the whole thing about a gene pool of two creatures again. Yeah, two elephants populated everything without any incest gene pool problems.

I guess god just loves for us and his creatures to have incest.

This “gene pool” thing is just one small argument among many that, to me, makes a strong case against creation. I mean, if god intervened and made things groovy so there wouldn’t be any problems when mother and son did the nasty, why didn’t he just wipe everything out and snap his fingers and make people and animals appear to start anew?

Another thing, doesn’t it seem odd to you that most Christians think of god as a male? And doesn’t it seem odd that god creates a man first, then a woman from man. It’s almost as if ‘man’ had written the bible. Duh!

11. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

I still say Eve had a great little ass.

12. QUALTHWAR

yes, that's a cute ass.

Attached Files:

• ass.jpg
      ass.jpg
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
  13. oosyxxx

oosyxxx teh3vilspa7ula

this kinda talk will get you hellbound, boah!

14. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

As far as Adam and Eve and Noah and his flood bitch goes, I remember oneTheology teacher in highschool telling me that those stories are just that. "Stories" to paint a portrait for an earlier people or to give a message (which I always took as "do as your told boy!"). This teacher said there probably wasn't a real Adam and Eve and priests from my school also said this.

Then of course the following year another Theology teacher told me there was in fact an Adam and Eve and Noah and his boat and they really existed and the bible says it so it is fact. Was an early lesson for me that religion really is a man made institution and if you really really wanna know the "truth" behind the Adam and Eve concept, don't bother. Cus there are millions of different people who are gonna tell you their interpretation of the bible is correct.

Evolution is a theory, and also based on man made opinions. Though there is a wee bit more evidence supporting evolution than two nudists who got togother and incestually spawned the human race.

15. GoAt

GoAt Never wrong

from what i remeber and understand adam and eve had 2 sons. cain killed abel and was ousted from wherever they were at the time... cain then met his wife while he was traveling...............
    WHERE DID THE OTHER HUMANS COME FROM?

and why is there no mention of any super continent? we all know about tectonic plates and what nots and we all know islands form and grow bigger due to volcanic activity and some even move due to geological events.

if you look in the bible and read the genology of jesus, do some number crunching, you can say that god created adam and eve around 20,000-30,000BC also if you throw in the variable that one day to god is a thousand years for us you can ad the 7 days that god took to create the earth and add 7 thousand more years. this here pretty much says that dinosaurs didnt exsist (since there are no mention of them in the bible and the bible is technicly a history book) and that carbon dating is false

16. Nachimir

Nachimir Crony of Stilgar

JWs take the bible as absolutely literal and 100% true. Q, you wouldn't believe the mental contortions they go through in trying to circumvent all you've raised and more. They also believe there were no predator-prey relationships in the garden of eden.

Thier argument on incest is that when first created, man was closer to "perfection" - an effectively immortal state (JWs will split hairs over that word). Adam and Eve were "perfect", but sinned and thus tainted humanity with "imperfection" and death, but because they were all closer to "perfection", it was A-OK for Cain to shag his sister.

Personally, I think Moses was on cocaine or something similar when he wrote the first five books of the bible.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  17. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

Moses did Mushroom! Manna from heaven = Magik Shrooms!

18. Enfyrneaux

Enfyrneaux New Member

Very true. Also note that in ancient Hebrew (the original language of certain scriptures), there was no gender differentiation between pronouns...so everyone was a "he", regardless of gender. So when translating the scriptures to various other languages, scholars just assumed God had a gender and that it was male.

Personally, I think any higher power would be far beyond gender...

19. QUALTHWAR

You all raise some good points. The way I see it, we have religion because of deep, primal desires. Maybe we want to feel mothered and safe. If you think there is something greater watching over you, you feel less vulnerable.

I see all sorts of problems with the bible. The legend of Gilgamesh was written long before the bible, but it tells of a flood that is extremely similar to Noah's flood. I’ve heard there are other legends, too, that describe a similar flood long before the bible times.

I’ve seen shows that talk about how certain parts of the world (small parts relatively speaking) were flooding and this may have triggered the Noah story. A long time ago, people didn’t know that there were millions upon millions of creatures that walked the earth and it would be theoretically impossible to collect them all and put them on a boat and have them survive and not have any interbreeding issues. Today, some of us have wised up.

I can’t remember who, exactly, but I think the fellow’s name was Uker (sp) who calculated the world began 4000 BC. That makes the earth 6000 years old. I’ve heard of trees that have lived to 8000 years old. Don’t know if that’s true or not. Anyway, I think most of us know the earth is far older than that.

I think people believe in religion for a couple of reasons, besides the need for something greater: They have been raised to believe in a god, and they are afraid of the consequences if they don’t believe in a god. Think about it: if you were told by your parents that god existed, and you see all these other people around you saying the same thing, you’re probably going to hop on the bandwagon. Then you go to some church, or whatever, and you see all this official-looking stuff and listen to someone speak who seems like they know what they’re talking about, because everyone around you seems to believe in them; you’re going to want to go along with them.

Now throw in a really good scare. We’ve all been burned enough by heat or fire to know it’s a really bad thing. We would all fear burning forever; the pain would be unimaginable for us. Hmmm, I better go along with whatever people are saying because just in case there’s a tiny chance that they’re right, I don’t want to burn in hell. Stupid.

I think we’re not alone in this universe and that there is a race, or species, or being that is smarter than anything else in the universe. If you want to call that god, then that’s fine with me. In that sense, there is a god.

As I see it, religion and evolution have the same problem: how did something start from nothing? You have god starting from nothing. Ask a religious person and you get something like, “God has always been.” Okay, that’s a copout. If god is something, he, she, or it started from something. Same thing goes for the big bang. The big bang started from a point of energy. Where did the energy come from? It’s questions like these that demonstrate to me that we don’t have the mental capacity to figure this all out. So what do we do with this limited mental capacity? We make up stories about gods.

20. Evil_Cope

Evil_Cope For the Win, motherfather!

and the big band starting time. ;)

lol, seriously though, that pretty much sums it up, Q.

My main problem with almost any science is that we clearly actually know so little, that to say we are even vaguely sure of something as complex and beyond our experience as the Big Bang just seems a bit...premature.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004