UT3 RELEASED: SNOWREAL - the snowboarding mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Squirt

Jul 30, 2000
RELEASED: SNOWREAL - the snowboarding mod (updated: 1.1)

(Latest version: 1.1)
1. Name: Snowreal
2. Version: 1.0
3. Compatibility: PC, PS3
4. Description: the snowboarding mod
5. Comments: 2 Gamemodes: Racing and Trick Competition
6. Screenshot:
7. Credits: Squizmek
Maps: Squizmek, Max_Damage, marilol

8. Homepage: snowreal.blogspot.com
9. Download:

Snowreal for PC
Snowreal for PS3

Readme:
Code:
==========================   S n o w r e a l   =================================
Version: v1.0
Date: 	 May 23, 2008
Author:  Michael Buettner, aka Squizmek (squizmek@gmail.com)
Maps:	 Squizmek, Max_Damage, Marilol
URL:	 snowreal.blogspot.com

Install:
------------------
On PC: Unpack the .rar into C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\
and override folders if asked to.
On PS3: Copy the USERDATA.JAM on a USB stick, put it into your PS3, start UT3 and import the mod.

Play:
------------------
Start UT3 and select Snowreal as gametype.
Select a map and you're ready to go! Disable bots as they're not supported yet.

Rules:
------------------

To choose RACING MODE: 
Set the Scorelimit to 0.
Once the Timelimit is reached, the one with the best time for the parcours wins.

To start a TRICK COMPETITION:
Set the Scorelimit to something higher than 0. The game is over as soon as a player reaches
the Scorelimit or the Timelimit is reached. You should set the Scorelimit to something high like 1000!

Tricks:
------------------
Hold your 'Duck' key and release it to start a trick jump. While in the air, hold a direction
and press a mousebutton/shoot key(L1,R1). You can also combine this with spins. To do so, 
hold 'Left' or 'Right' down while you start the trick jump.
-You can combine grabs with spins.
-You can combine forward and backward flip with a spin. Just start the flip right after takeoff!
-Press a mousebutton/shoot key without holding any direction for additional tricks.
-Do not skip a flip, or you will fall! Hold your firebutton pressed until the flip is done, then release!

Maps:
------------------
SR-WhiteSlope - by Squizmek
SR-SnowballRun - by Max_Damage

Copyright 2008 Michael Buettner

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I finally got around to playing this and it is really fun. I especially like falling off your board and rolling down the hill :)

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Does anyone know why the load times are so INSANELY long? This is a problem with this game in general for me, but these maps are ridiculous. Also, those long lines of sight kill me.

Squirt

Jul 30, 2000
Snowreal 1.1 Released!

Snowreal 1.1 is released!
Version:1.1
Compatibility:pC and PS3. UT3 Version 1.2
Description:Snowboarding mod
Screenshot:
2631648745_48697110b9.jpg

Credits:
Coding, Game Design, Idea, Design, Modeling etc.: Squizmek
Maps:
SR-WhiteSlope - by Squizmek
SR-SnowballRun - by Max_Damage

Homepage:http://snowreal.blogspot.com
IRC: #snowreal on QuakeNet

Snowreal Version 1.1 is ready for you to be downloaded! Snowreal is an Unreal Tournament 3 modification and runs on PC as well as Playstation3. PC users can either grab the .rar file and extract it themselves, or grab the self extracting .exe. See readme for more instructions.

Download for PC:
Snowreal_v1.1.rar
Install_Snowreal_v1.1.exe

Download for PS3:
USERDATA.JAM

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=616099

raziel31

Nov 25, 2003
South F.
Visit site
Tried it, i am fond of snow game. I had fun. Its a beginning but with some improvments, it could be a really great mod imo.
Keep up the work !! :)

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Very nicely done! I really enjoy playing this mod. It's among the best skate/board mods for fps imho. (including f.e. slide for quake. But there's no comparing).

People should definitely map for this mod! Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a map with a more enclosed course. Not that I dislike the open maps, far from it! The provided levels are great for all sort of crazy jumps. Top mod.

Perhaps a downhill track through a deserted city... or a trick/show off course. etc.

runeblade265

Mar 1, 2009
that looks like a nice mod. to bad i dont have UT3 to try it out. but if i pick it up sometime ill check this mod again