1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rein: UTIII on PC not "doing so badly"

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Growler, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

The reason for their banning is not to have too much bad impressions on their game which could affect their sales. I mean, look at all the new people popping up there. Theres like hardly any older familiar faces there anymore.

The problem with them is, THEY ARE ATTACKING THE WRONG THING AND NOT FIXING THE SOURCE OF THE COMPLAINTS!! At least not quick enough:(

2. Ramenudle

Ramenudle Waste of Server Space

I could understand if the staff was burnt out, but it's not an excuse to be banning people. If they are tired of their job or just need a break, then take a frickin' break. You don't have to annihilate someone's account to blow off steam. I've never been a member there (nor do I ever want to be, now) but if this is the behavior that's going on there, it's unprofessional IMHO. In general, Epic seems to be adopting this whole holier-than-thou attitude and seem to be sticking it to PC players at every turn.

And by the way, banning people en masse is a TERRIBLE way to be doing things in this situation, in light of their games sales. You do that to a group of people who are already confused and/or aggravated with your product, word of mouth will spread, and you'll have less people buying your product, who will be even more confused and/or aggravated.

3. jasposfagot

jasposfagot My opinion is My opinion, Yours is Yours

I was banned for pointing out to a new poster (2 posts) that by saying what he was saying, his thread would probably be deleted or locked, as Epic do not like hearing anything negative said about UT3.

Also, what he said wasn't even that bad, very minor, it just wasn't praising UT3, the thread was deleted, and I got banned. Doesn't really bother me, you can just sign up again if you wish. They are hurting themselves more than helping IMO, but that's their choice.

[EDIT] Well, I did also say in reply to the poster when he said that his post had not yet been deleted, that the reason for that was that he was in the twilight zone, the time when all the moderators would be asleep. But they would soon awake, and they would start salivating at the mouth, thinking of all the threads they would get to delete in the coming day, and then strike with their all mighty power, and strike down the infidels.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  4. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Btw, THIS is a fagot:

[​IMG]

Edit: Why did you remove the "But I also like the hairy clam like most men do" bit from your sig?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  5. jasposfagot

it is also a small pile of sticks :)

6. jmandawg

jmandawg New Member

I love the new avatar bigDragon :)

7. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

He probably wasn't "just asking" as that kind of stuff would not have gotten him banned.

I have to agree with Sir_Brizz here.
    There really is no point in them warning people anymore because every god damned question has been posted and repeated ad nauseum already.

Warning people after that is like posting a sign that says "caution" at an intersection when you can see the wrecks of other cars that crashed there in front of you.
    ie : if that isn't a warning then I sure as heck don't know what is.

And as for Mark Rein's attitude ... you're forgetting that he is the PR-guy.
    Being positive about his products at any cost regardless of actual circumstances is his job. Heck, even Microsoft had a tough time that Vista was 'not the success it could/should have been'.

(off-topic)

You may laugh at 'comical ali' but Bush is doing the exact same thing when asked about the success of their war in Iraq ...

(/off-topic)

8. Jordan L

Jordan L New Member

9. Cobra

Cobra Member

I got baned, just for asking if assault whould be back, and That I did not like the menu.

10. Godfrey.Payans

Godfrey.Payans Member

It sounds like Epic manage their forum like playing the game--sudden death with a minimum of hand-wringing. Maybe if UT3 was a game about growing flowers they would be gentler, kinder, let's-talk-about-it-first forum moderators.

11. BigDragon

BigDragon New Member

Ever since I told this one PS3 player I'd cook DM-Phobetor for PS3 use if I were unbanned, apparently a bunch of PS3 users started PM'ing the mods on the Epic forums. It seems half of them have been banned and deleted out of existence just for PM'ing the mods. All these people I've never even heard before keep sending me messages on AIM to bitch about Epic's forums. I never realized that map had a 11,000+ viewed thread. Everyone is telling me they think Wartourist (Jeff Morris) is to blame so he's next to get photoshopped, after I get back from the movies. :) I don't know how reliable these random PS3 players are, but it seems this is paid Epic staff banning modders from the Epic forums, which is completely unacceptable. I expect an apology.

It seems that both Mark Rein and Jeff Morris are both trying to talk up this game. I would love to know what sort of chaos is going on behind the scenes. It was pretty funny watching Chrysler talk up the Nitro and a few other new vehicles only to have them flop and behind the scenes memos get leaked publicly. I'm normally just critical and not mean, but I spent so many hours learning, mapping, modeling, playing, etc. and have been buying collectors editions for the UT games...and this is the way Epic treats their most valuable customers.

12. Ramenudle

Ramenudle Waste of Server Space

Don't get me wrong - I like UT3, and Epic (generally...)...but Epic needs a bucket of cold water splashed in their face. If it takes the ire of their largest fan base, the PC gamers and modders, to whip them into shape, then so be it.

13. Jordan L

Jordan L New Member

I can understand why they keep deleting threads if people keep on posting issues that are already being fixed, or already fixed with Patch 2, but banning people really isn't very nice. If anything War Tourist should just redirect them to the link regarding Patch 2 changelog. Maybe its just Dev laziness.

Patch 2 looks like it will deliver some nice features that we've come to familiar with from previous UT's. If Patch 2 delivers what it states, I'll probably be on alright terms with Epic regarding UT3. Yes UT3 did ship half done regarding to Server Browser, UI, Server Admin, a lot of needed features for PC and Multiplayer gaming but Patch 2 addresses a lot of them.

One of the problems is Epic is always so tight lipped about anything so information doesn't get to most players, so they end up posting problems Epic already addressed.

I speak non sense. Don't take this post serious.

14. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

ppl complaining about getting banned in a forum need to take a step back. seriously. lots of us have said negative stuff in gaming forums and not gotten banned for it. thats cause 99% of the time its HOW something is said that gets you axed... alot of times ppl jump on a flaming or complaining bandwagon and think they can say anything negative they want in any way they want cause other ppl are complaining or whining about something and they go a lil more overboard that the previous posters and then wonder why they got banned.

im not at all saying this applies to anyone who is posting about it here, but maybe itll make ppl think before they get banned somewhere they really care about.

ps. the Infogrames and Atari UT forums (previous official forums) were much worse at banning than the current Epic forums are now. and the forums before those, the GT forums (iirc) went so completely ban happy alot of the forum regualrs left and went to t.com to start their own community...

personally im happy Epic mods ban trolls and flamers. but I do think they are way way way too trigger happy with locking threads that are not off topic and not trolls or flames.

15. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Ya think?!?

16. [USSR] dunnie!

[USSR] dunnie! New Member

lMFAO
    GG

17. fuegerstef

fuegerstef New Member

True.

But on the other hand EPIC should do the same.
    When you call out to the community that this is the game for EPIC's "bread and butter" with the most awesome features ever seen in a MP game on the PC... ...well... ...you get this kind of reaction when delivering UT3 in the state it was in November.

Still it is their forum...

18. Jordan L

Jordan L New Member

Well theres a right and a wrong here for Epic's Sake.

Their doing the right thing to lock/delete threads that promote flaming, game bashing, and nonsensical remarks.

Their being wrongly to lock and delete threads from those that take the time to type a well put thorough explanation of an issue/suggestion for UT3 and in every way possible try not to bash Epic/UT3 with Respectful insight paired with constructive criticism. Threads like those getting locked and deleted is just making the Dev's look ignorant and rude. I don't know if there still doing this like a month and a half ago, haven't been to Epic's forums for a While.

19. fuegerstef

fuegerstef New Member

I once said that I did not like the bent link beam* after having played it in August at the GC. I also explained that it does not help determing how far the gun beam reaches.

The answer from EPIC was in quite a rude way that the bent link beam is a "godsend".

That's how it works over at EPIC's. Telling that a decision of them is a "godsend" when someone is criticizing it... ...instead of admitting it isn't that good.

UT3, version 1.0 , 1.1: Anybody seen a link secondary that is bent when not linking or hitting anything ?

;)

*) I am not talking about the bending that occurs after you linked something/one and turn a little. I mean the normal link beam in earlier builds that was bent at the front instead of going straight.

20. jasposfagot

That really sucks, and yes, apparently WarTourist (Jeff Morris-He who killed UT) and the mighty Flak, are apparently the most active banners , lockers and deleters.

As to your ban BD, it would most likely have been an accumulative thing, not an instantaneous ban for that one transgression. You would have had a few marks against your name for negative things you said, and then your cup runneth over so to speak, then ban. Not saying it was right, or you deserved a ban, but I think thats how it works. I don't think you did anything remotely deserving of a ban, you did speak your mind, and did so in threads that I was in/made under one of my aliases, but like I said, nothing even close to what a rational thinking, normal person would describe a ban worthy.

But what you said about the PS3 users really sucks IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.