1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Redeemer jump

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Archon, May 29, 2005.

1. Archon

Archon I posted in the RO-me thread and all I got was a p

I'm going to make a movie so i want to see anyones opinion on this demo please be honest if you hate it say you hate it and i won't be surprised ifyou do. It is a trick going around [BLH] - Training2 which is included in the zip. :lol:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  2. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

The problem with the jump is it's not practically reproducible in the game without cheating. :(

3. Archon

Yup i knew i was gonna get flamed for this but i do what i must for opinions...

4. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

That's not flaming. That's just DP being his usual self (elitist and depressive).

Most trick jumping is not practical. Do you think it's practical for me to climb the wall from the minigun over the tower things to the 100a in Campgrounds with my shield gun? No, it's not. But can I do it? Sure can. :rolleyes:

5. Archon

What im doing is just trying to make a video that will amaze new people and hold myself in awe. The thing is im having a real hard time because i can't shield hop or worst of all shock hop. :(

6. 1337

1337 1337

trick jumping is cool :cool::tup:

I still want to get a fast compy so I can do them consistently and make a frag video of me doing tricked out frags, because I haven't seen a frag video with someone trick jumping at the same time as he/she is fragging. But the "cheating" stuff is awesome too and still fun to look at. Good Luck with the vid and we'll be waiting watch it. :)

7. zynthetic

zynthetic robot!

I was (FC) getting doubleteamed in the middle of camperscrossing last FragBU. Stuck on meshes and crapped out fps on top of that. When I got my bearings again I was down to ~40H (from 199 + 150sheild). I needed out so did a quick sg hop to the mid level that delayed my getting killed for another 20sec :)
    It has practical use, which is something I've been working towards demonstrating.

8. 1337

1337 1337

I'll look at the updated and faster redeemer jump in the morning.

9. Archon

It's not really different it's just im trying to do the trick in the fastest time possible

10. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

zynthetic - that's not trick jumping per sé, what trick jumping's mostly about is something that boogity's more capable of telling you about, what you did was simply a good move ;)

11. Archon

12. Hydrus

Hydrus is lost

Hey don't worry about it, theres some good guides out there on trickjumpin, the Masta [Fark - teh embarrsment :eek: ] one is worth a read, and a few videos which might help you see how its done.
    Try mucking about on DM-Rankin, it's where I started (I sux harcore still though ;) ) but its a comfartable enviro to learn the basix.

Last edited: May 30, 2005
  13. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR