1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Red Hot Chili Peppers] New Album! May 9th!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TraCK, May 8, 2006.

1. TraCK

TraCK Amateur Sketch

Their new album, Stadium Arcadium comes out tomorrow. If you're cool, go pick it up! It will be a double album with 28 brand new tracks.

It's selling for only 12 bucks at my local Best Buy so there's bound to be a place in your area you can find it pretty cheap.

If you've listened to the radio in the past few weeks chances are you have heard Dani California, the first single.

Don't miss out! Go pick it up.

2. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Yeh planning to get it. Like all of the Chilli's stuff I have heard, nice and relaxing and some great tunes.
    Bet it will cost a bit over here in the UK though

3. MrSmiles

MrSmiles selimsrm

it's pretty good

4. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

I just got caught up on the Red Hot Chili Peppers a couple months ago. Looks like I'll have to get this one.:)

5. K

K i bite

been waiting for a while for this to come out.
    If you couldn't tell by my chillies sig. lol

6. Otej

Otej Resident Jewobbit

I am not cool and will therefore not be buying it

7. Mas

Mas Paul Aka Mas

he he, so true otej, it isnt cool to like anything popular these days....

Even if it is awesome. I got the album today, and its a beast to listen to 28 tracks, going to take a while to get into I think. Can I ask, why does everyone seem to hate by the way so much? I thought it was amazing ?

8. Otej

Otej Resident Jewobbit

or rather it's not cool not to like bands everyone else likes

9. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

Because it was played on the air so much. Overexposure can kill any track. I love By The Way too (it harks back to better times IMO), but I probably wouldn't do if I watched MTV or listened to the radio at all.

Last edited: May 8, 2006
  10. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

It seems liek this album reflects their original style a lot more than Californication and By The Way. That said though, i find the first cd a bit bland. The second cd however is much better and i'm glad i listened all the way through as i almsot gave up on them i have to admit.

11. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Yeah. Although I did like it at first, I found myself returning to other artists. The new album is good thou. But after listening to it for 2 weeks straight now...I'm tired of it. Which isn't a good thing in my book.

12. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

The video for Dani California is hilarious! As far as I can tell, these are the groups/people they're imitating: Elvis, Beatles, Sex Pistols, Nirvana, Pearl Jam. Some of the others seemed more like a genre or type of band rather than one specific band. What do you guys think? Did I miss any obvious bands? I think I may have left one obvious one out, but I'm doing this from memory.

13. TraCK

TraCK Amateur Sketch

The Nirvana parody was the funniest. LOL

14. LeGeNDaRy

LeGeNDaRy Bleed Black

Yeah it was announced a while ago, and Dani California is a good song. Planning to pick up the CD this weekend..
    but IMO - saying that the song was over played and therefore getting fed up with it is completly normal. However, just because of the fact that a lot of poeple enjoy this music makes you dislike them seems pretty pathetic to me.

15. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Dani California is the most played RHCP song on LastFM...for 2 weeks now.

16. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

I know people that stopped liking Metallica when "One" started to get played non-stop on Top40 stations right next to Madonna. "They sold out!", I kept hearing. One radio-pop song and it's over, apparently. I will confess that I did get kinda pissed off seeing what would normally be considered Madonna-wannabes at a Metallica concert. "Like eew, that guy in the black tshirt and long hair almost touched me! Who are those dirty guys up on stage? When are they gonna play "One" so we can leave? What is that smell? Apple-flavored bubblegum?"

As for the Chili Peppers, I got real sick of them after hearing "Under the Bridge" every 5 mins, and then the same with "Californication". I admit I've heard nothing from the new album, despite listening to a couple of different rock stations that have no problem playing the two songs I've already mentioned.

17. LeGeNDaRy

LeGeNDaRy Bleed Black

Hah, yeah I know what you mean.
    Same with Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir.. before beeing 'sell-outs', lots of poeple enjoyed their music, but because of their appearance on MTV, they suck all of a sudden.
    Music itself should decide your own taste.. not what the others' opinions are.

18. K

K i bite

Wrong. Metalica was good untill they changed their style from good metal into over produced garbage.:mad:
    Now they can never go back. All the albums after the black album were over produced. Unfortunalty that's what is popular now "Overproduced metal".
    WTF is wrong with people?:(

19. tomcat ha

tomcat ha Well-Known Member

I dont think i will buy this album. Altrough i like Dani California already more than every song on By The Way but By The Way really dissapointed me so that isnt hard. I really liked californication and blood sugar sex magik. Im kinda wary(sp?) of buyign this one.

Metallica indeed starting sucking from the moment they decided that going more mainstream is the best thing for the band. Ive been listening to them for a while now. Its just clear that theire earliest records where theire best. Justice for All... was good but it already was less than all albums before it.

20. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

There wasn't anything mainstream about And Justice For All, it was just badly produced. Add Rick Rubin to that album and it could have been an all-time classic.
    Personally I'd say that the black album saw Metallica go from talented metal band to rubbish rock band. It wasn't necessarily mainstreamisation, it was more of a genre shift. Still, I wouldn't just dismiss all their 90s albums, there's some great songs scattered among them.

Back on topic, just to clarify, it was the song By The Way that I loved rather than the album. I haven't heard literally any of Stadium Arcadium yet, can anyone tell me if it includes any nods back to the more energetic days of BSSM and Californication?