1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Recruiting coders

Discussion in 'Jailbreak General' started by tarquin, Mar 22, 2006.

1. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

I noticed ;)

thanks mate

2. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Anyone can *see* the Jailbreak code, just open Jailbreak.U in UEd :)
    There are quite a few concepts we could take across to JB2007. Then again, some of the design choices we made have us in a corner for things we found we wanted to do -- that's always the way. Can't think of any offhand, but a trawl through threads about what people wanted to do with add-ons should tell you. OTOH I think there was something about a release switch having control of when a jail door *shuts*. That's currently impossible.

And I agree, 2004c is a priority.
    But while you're waiting for CVS access, it can't hurt to familiarize yourself with the code. :)

Oh, and the big changes from UE1 to UE2 as far as JB was concerned were things like GameObjectives, Squads for bots, and Volumes.

3. mdavis

mdavis New Member

Hey tarquin, thanks for the add. I'll go ahead and take a look and familiarize myself with the code.

4. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Mych tells me he's had problems with his ISP. JDN and CVS should be back up soon, hopefully.
    And I'll talk to him about getting JDN access and CVS accounts for those who want them.

Let's roll! :)

5. mdavis

mdavis New Member

Quick question guys. Is there a way to just look at a particular package's source code in UnrealEd, or do I just have to browse in the actor class browser for the specific JB classes in order to view them?

6. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

you can see the main code of all the acters in UED, by double clicking on them when in the actor browser.
    Its better to have the files all as uc source files though, as in UED the properties are hiddeen away so its a pain to get to.....

7. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

open command, type: C:\ut2004\system\ucc batchexport jailbreak.u class uc C:\ut2004\Jailbreak

This will give you all the Jailbreak class files.

/Raises hand

Let's get this show on the road. No f*ckin' way I'm letting this patch unreleased.

8. mdavis

mdavis New Member

Thanks Jrubzjeknf! Browsing classes using the actor browser is a real pain. This makes things a lot easier.

9. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

mdavis, use the Unreal development Enviroment: get it here - http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UDEDownload

Overview

The Unrealscript Development Environment (UDE) is a full featured visual editor for writing Unrealscript . It features a complete syntax-highlighting and built in support for the udebugger. Anyone looking to mod Unreal Tournament 2004 should start here.

That's a free version of WOTGreal - the best scripting tool for UEngine-based games out there. There you can browse the packages, to select the class you need and swith to the object-class tree, to continue work. However youstill will have to extract source code fro JB packages to work.

10. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

I stand by to try to break whatever you make. :)

11. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

I still can't connect to the JDN.

What I might to is upload a zip of my version of the Jailbreak sources. I think they are up to date with what is in the CVS.

12. mdavis

mdavis New Member

I started going through the JB source code to get a feeling of it. I will start trying to tackle a few bugs. Let me know when I get CVS access to the JB code.

13. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Basically, all you need to do is email Mych: mychaeel@planetjailbreak

The JDN is still not loading :(

The zipfile of Jailbreak source is 7Mb -- see the developer board for the link.

14. mdavis

mdavis New Member

I extracted the source code from the .u file and I am currently trying to compile the package, but I am running into some errors. The error that I get is it is having trouble importing a specific texture with a .dds extension. What do I need to do to get this texture? Do I have to get it off of CVS? I appreciate the help.

15. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Yes, there'll be stuff you won't have from the U file. Check the Dev forum for the complete sources.

Also, the JDN is back up!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.planetjailbreak.com/jdn/

Hopefully, CVS access won't be far off.

16. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

Do I have CVS access?

17. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Yes, my ISP chose a great time to shut down my internet access for almost a week starting more or less exactly at the time you started this thread... :p

Here's what happened:

On that Wednesday, my ISP and telephony provider -- Arcor -- had a major outage affecting large parts of the city I live in. By Wednesday late evening, the malfunction had been fixed, but my DSL and telephone interface was still dead. Several hotline calls later (priced at 0.24 €/min; quite an audacity if you ask me) I had a Telekom technician scheduled to come to my apartment house and look for the problem on location for Monday.

On Monday, the tech came and grew more and more mystified as to why my access had ever worked at all... he just couldn't find a physical connection between the junction box and the socket in my wall. It took him about an hour to figure out that Arcor had put my access on a different endpoint than it had been before after their system had come up again, and the Telekom man ended up having to rewire the entire thing to get me connected again.

Well, so much for the smalltalk.

I hope everybody who needs CVS or JDN access has it, meanwhile -- if not, please drop me a mail to mychaeel@planetjailbreak.com.

When you edit the sources you find in CVS, please try to keep in style with what you find; there are some coding guidelines on JDN. Also, please don't check anything in that you've exported from the .u files; the "defaultproperties" section doesn't survive compiling and exporting unharmed.

18. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Yes, I hope I've said it, and if I didn't here it is: if you downloaded the ZIPs I posted recently, DELETE THEM and DELETE WHAT YOU EXTRACTED FROM THEM before you use CVS.