recoil bug

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

Twig

Uhm, I'm pretty sure that this is already well-known, but I'll say it anyway. The M16, shotgun and maybe some of the other weapons will occasionally make huge changes to your view angle after firing (ie, suddenly looking way up or way down). Don't tell me this is a "feature"... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BTW, I am aware of the normal recoil effect. What I am saying above is not the same thing.

------------------
Twig

[This message has been edited by Twig (edited 08-02-1999).]

W

Warren

yeah- I know what you're talking about-- you're firing away and moving your gun to follow a target or whathaveyou and as soon as you either let go of the trigger or run out of ammo, the view will leap back to your original position before you started firing-- it can be quite annoying and we're looking into it- something that's been there since version 1

C

Catalyst

This 'snap' back to the original position is intended to counteract the rise of the weapon. Should this be removed?

T

Twig

Well, I counter-act the rise of the weapon by myself, so I don't need an automatic view-snap at all. Maybe this is the problem.

------------------
Twig