RealMaps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Damodred

Jul 5, 2002
www.damodred.net
Um, you don't have to pay GS to download, you just have to wait in line.

However, I didn't move RealMaps FROM GS to BU just to have it moved back :p There were other reasons to choose BU - one of them being these forums.

Damodred

Jul 5, 2002
www.damodred.net
Yeah, that was another reason :p

I will gladly go back and recode what needs recoding, although I don't see that anything does. We'll see how things go with 2.9 out.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
Just my 2 cents:

The things that i generally look for when deciding to download a map are (in order of importance)

Overall rating.
Screenshots.
Description.

The texures and "realism" i can tend to judge from screenshots, but i like have to a description about the size of the map and the types of play that it suits (is it CQB, or sniper ally) and if there are any performance issues.

Damodred

Jul 5, 2002
www.damodred.net
Well, we got a rating, we got screenshots, and we have the "Playing Style" that lets the reviewer set Long Range, CQB, Medium, or Any. :)

The description is up to the reviewer of course...

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Quick update: I want realmaps to continue but not sure that I will have time to be involved with it. I just took the position of Secretary-Treasurer for what is becoming a multiple chapter national organization, so my work load is increasing fast.

I will try to set aside time each week for at least one update if possible, and perhaps a review.

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
*bump*

Seeing as Realmaps appears to be stiff and lifeless, I hereby volunteer to (a) upload new maps to Realmaps as and when I get the time; (b) very possibly attach a few short, objective statements about such maps, but not necessarily; (c) fix typos; and (d) do basically nothing else, change nothing and preserve the status quo (thereby not having to worry about PHPanything), *if* someone kind and knowledgable (looks at Damodred) could sort out an EAS category for the maps and reintroduce the most recent comments feature.

My availability would be low (although I'm about to become [voluntarily] unemployed for a while), but I guess better than the present arrangement (no criticism intended).

Is that a good plan?

Last edited:

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
Crowze said:
Funny you bring this up... myself and Kibbles have been talking a bit about this. Kibbles is waiting for a new PC (to cut a long story short), then we'll get things rolling.

Soon. ;)

Then let me not stand in your way :)