UE1 - UT Really simple question about level transitions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rajada

Jan 21, 2008
rajada.tumblr.com
I have forced the player to become a specific type of pawn by just simply dropping in a PlayerPawn tuned to my specifications. When i use a teleporter to change levels, the player defaults to the default player instead of my custom one. So I tried dropping another PlayerPawn in the second level. Now, they stay with the custom attributes, but they lose ALL their weapons and inventory.

Now, I think I read somewhere that even over a level transition, a teleporter can be made to take you to a SPECIFIC teleporter in the next level. If this is true, how would i need to change the URL of the first teleporter (or the tag of the second one perhaps)? The URL I've used so far just to go from level to level is:

MAPNAME.unr#leavevr?peer

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Taking inventory to another level only works with a single player gametype. Multiplayer gametypes (such as DeathMatch) always clear the inventory after traveling to a different level.

Also, shouldn't the '#' part come after any '?' part?

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Even in singleplayer it glitches. Sometimes when you go to the next level you respawn on top of your player and blocks you to a point that you cant go on on the next map.

I'm pretty sure those Player Classes are to be used as a 'Class' by a specific Gametype like they do in mappacks for the olskool mod and not to be used as placeable players in a map.