Really Sick of Robar + AR loadouts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I wouldn't call that dumb at all, OD... ^^

As for max bulk... I would much rather let people choose as much as they want and watch their bulk slowly decrease their maneuverability until they look like some pulsating, very slowly shambling blob of 99% useless firepower. :D

EDIT: As well as the bulk, having many weapons strapped to various parts of your body should IMO affect one's ability to move one's limbs or maintain proper balance in order to run or turn sharp corners... shouldn't it?

asmodeus

DB addict
Mar 25, 2001
www.williamscanady.com
I think the biggest problems which causes the multiple ARs is that people carry sig+m16+ak just so they can reload faster (by switching weapons!):eek:

so, just making switch time longer for bigger weapons and longer the more weapon you have...

Feb 26, 2001
England
Im just sick of the Robar, the PSG has no advantages except being semi-auto. Robar should take a fair while to get a steady aim on a target - especially when standing and leaning to one side. (Like you could stay standing afterwards...).
The player needs to feel that the Robar is bulky - and not a Railgun with a scope.

Spetznaz_1

Special-Purpose
May 28, 2001
Glasgow, Scotland
Visit site
Firstly my major gripe with RA: I feel that it doesn't reward low bulk single weapon loadouts enough with more stamina. It also seems to penalise running with just a MP5/40A3 as much as running with a M16+M203.

I am ok with Robar + MP5 loadouts untill the PDW comes out. But i feel that a Robar + AR is unrealistic and there should be more penalties for carrying more than one rifle.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
A monster like the RC-50 should be something you need to do some sort of setting up in order to take a good shot. Perhaps this could be imposed by a certain amount of time delay between the time you zoom in, and the time to pull the trigger.

The PSG should be the only sniper rifle where you could take those quickie snap shots.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by Spetznaz_1
Firstly my major gripe with RA: I feel that it doesn't reward low bulk single weapon loadouts enough with more stamina. It also seems to penalise running with just a MP5/40A3 as much as running with a M16+M203.
Thats 'cause it uses default bulk values. Theres more of a difference between M16+m203 and M16+m203+FAMAS+robar loadouts.

GreenHell

INF isn't real? since when
May 27, 2001
Visit site
Have you guys played Return to Castle Wolfenstein?
I never thought I would play any else than INF but that game has fixed many of the gripes that you people have with INF. You cannot run while looking through a scope. Yes you can carry a 500 round weapon called "Venom" but you move so slowly that the enemy snipers take you out unless you are covered properly by your team. You are limited to one pistol and one smg or rifle depending on which player rank you choose. People actually work in groups thanks to the player positions that you choose when you join. BTW, you can pick from a soldier, an engineer, a medic and a lieutenant. They each have their own pros and cons but you never see a whole team of one class of player. D/l the demo and try it out. Yes it does have a crosshair but that can be minimized and almost completely dimmed out,

OUT

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
hey. if rambo can do it, so can i. :D

seriously, i hate lamers who show up with an m16 and an aksmu w/ 4 drum attachments. i don't think a penalty is necessary, just a big green light above their head that says 'lamer' or somthing so everyone goes for them first.

instead of a penalty we should have a 'lame radar' or something of the sort.

'smear the lamer' game mode. now THAT would be fun.

Harry_C

Getting old ... and drunk
Apr 2, 2001
France
Visit site
Loadouts with multiples weapons:
Since Beppo or Warren said that INF team won't prevent it:( , we will always see walking armory on pubs.
But now there are no realistic drawbacks for having unrealistic loadouts...
And it seems very disturbing for the realism freaks around ;)

(I have thought about this problem for 2 ms so don't bash me plz thx)
What could be realistic drawbacks for having multiple weapons ?

- The weapons that you are not using are either in your backpack or on your hip.
(I am not talking about pistols, hand grenades or knife, they can be used quite fast.)
So the more weapons you carry the longer the switch between weapons become.
In an exponential way of course...
Specially if they are bulky.
The reload time can be modified in the same way, I don't think people (with multiple weapons) have all their ammo in their pockets (particularly the bulky ones, AK drums and shotgun boxes)

-I think ,i may be wrong , that carrying multiple weapons is quite unpleasant for your body.
The weapons that are on your hip or in your backpack are heavy so it should stress/hurt you.
So the more weapons you carry the worse your aim become.

And the two above suggestions could be linked with the stamina.
So the less stamina you have the worse your aim and reload time are.
Does it make sense ?

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
So heavy it could hurt you

Um...maybe in the span of a couple years doing it, and only if they wore their backpack wrong. Friends of mine go climbing, and they take 180 lb packs, dragging 60 lb sleds full of gear. Mind you, that's for crossing antarctica to climb mountains there, but it's the same idea ;)

peachz

BANNED
Sep 7, 2001
Mmmm... zen....
oh, and for those 'full-auto' lamers w/ the drums, maybe the shoulder can develop a soreness so the aim goes WAY off its mark. it's 1 am and i'm just talking out of my ass *wee* i liked my idea of a lamer radar. :)

going to bed. gawd, i need more sleep :p

Tiffy

Back to champion the L85
Sep 15, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by striderteen
No, a trained soldier is not going to lose much accuracy to shoulder soreness.

Unless he does something idiotic like try to modify a .50 BMG sniper rifle to full-auto and then fires it standing. :D

No thats just going to get him dead or on a charge. He'd be in so much sh1t, you wouldn't beleive it. And then I'd just fix the damned thing, or scrap it :D

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
Originally posted by striderteen
prone-only shooting of the Robar due to its heavy recoil.
Not true. The "felt recoil" is bigger, but not so big that you cannot shoot it while standing or crouching.

See those large-calibur shooting contest; they all shoot while standing. The most important thing is that their rifles rest on something. They don't have to support a heavy rifle with their left arm.

And actually the felt recoil is not that big as you imagine, provided you are an experienced shooter and shoot it in a correct way.