1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Really Sick of Robar + AR loadouts

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by striderteen, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Trevor_Clim

Trevor_Clim Is this virtuous?

are soldiers or members of special commandos generally not allowed to select their weapons? the commander choose the weapons for his team, or?

2. Draco-1

Draco-1 I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.

I don't have a problem with a Robar + SMG loadout. The robar is useless for close range. The problem right now is that the MP5 is the lightest SMG we have. When the MP5K, Mini-Uzi, and/or Remington are available, things should be more realistic.

3. MoNDoGuY

MoNDoGuY Groin grabbingly good!

AR = ? I've been here a long time and I don't know what that means. :confused: Guessing Automatic Rifle. If so I agree.

4. Draco-1

Draco-1 I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.

Assault Rifle.

Oh and BTW, that sniper in your pic is in DEEP sh!t with that lense flash! ;)

5. [DiE]x8668k

[DiE]x8668k Skilled

I think that you should be able to cary ONE(1) Primary Weapon, and ONE(1) Secondary Weapon.

Where the Primary would be a SIG, M16, MP5, Sniper, whatever.

And the Secondary would be a Pistol.

Then you could also cary some nades.

And no Granade Launchers.

6. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

Heh, is that what that is? It looks like hes using a flashlight.

7. Tiffy

Tiffy Back to champion the L85

One of the things that needs doing is MAKING people shoot the Robar correctly.

Firstly I'll say I've never fired a Robar, only the Barret but you can't shoot either weapon IMO standing, certainly not the Barret. Kneeling is very unstable and tiring.

The Big Sniper Rifles are fired from a prone position, usually with Bipod and rear monopod support. These guns kick like mules and are made bloody heavy to try and reduce this to an exceptable level.

Not sure how to do this though. I'm also beginning to think we need a second type of stamina for shooting, but thats another thread topic.

8. striderteen

striderteen New Member

That sounds like CS. And therefore Infiltration SHALL NOT do that, sayeth the Lord.

9. [DiE]x8668k

[DiE]x8668k Skilled

I dont think that becouse CS has it, it is bad.

10. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I'm kidding, mostly.

At any rate, that's a fairly unrealistic way of doing it. Because IRL you can physically carry that many weapons, even the Robar...provided you don't try to move.

I want to ALLOW people to do these kinds of things...only they should have realistic disadvantages. Ergo, draw-time, movement, stamina and noise penalties, as well as prone-only shooting of the Robar due to its heavy recoil.

11. [DiE]x8668k

[DiE]x8668k Skilled

sounds good enough.

Though hard to implement. I sure hope they wait until they have figured out a good way to implement it rather than just put it together and add it to INF.

12. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

Please refer to my posting above. And once again I will re-state my thoughts on such matters: Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should. (....or that INF should allow it).

13. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

My opinion:
    speed up the stamina use while running, but also speed up the refill speed.
    then make bulk affect the speed your stamina is restored.

14. yurch

Prone only shooting of PSG and Robar, eh?

15. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

No, just increase the recoil to make standing shots more inconvenient.

And I'd still like to see weapon collision for strapped guns.

If the technology gets better INF could incorporate a click-and-drag system where the player has to decide where each gun has to go on his body, and give penalties for badly arranged weapons as appropriate...

16. /\l!eN[RIP]

/\l!eN[RIP] burp

What about settimg a maximum bulk?

17. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

I think the system goes to extremes cause they planned for some more extreme weapons.
    offhand, I can think of a few grenade launchers and sniper rifles that might push the bulk and expense levels someday.

theres alotta stuff it looks like they dident forsee happening. or at at least happening to the point of becomming a problem for gameplay.

18. Other Dave

Other Dave New Member

Ditto! I'd love to see those Robar guys try and get into doorways and tunnels with that huge gun towering over their heads! LOL

Other Dave

19. yurch

You can make it so the robar kicks thier view straight up, it won't solve anything :rolleyes:
    Its still a one hit kill - who cares about the kick?

20. Other Dave

Other Dave New Member

Dumb question time:

Is it possible to introduce a recoil effect *before* the aimpoint is calculated? IE, just like IRL. Ideally, this effect would be minimized by stabilization. Just like IRL.

Other Dave (IRL) :)