Reality is like a video game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
LOL, no. A lot of that stuff is just theories, ones that I don't particularly care for. Especially in the way they pass it off. Freeman isn't being a passive narrator in this series, so yes, he should be required to understand this stuff. Dr. Kaku has an awesome voice and way of talking and he's been featured in tons of these shows. Not exactly the main narrator, but he talks about all of the questions posted and contributes a ton.

Sagan and Kaku are(or were) both studied plenty in the Cosmos, it doesn't matter what ones focus or interest is currently in. Freeman is only good for certain movies. Some he sucks in, like The Bucket List. In fact I think he's mis-used as a narrator, everything after Shawshank Redemption feels like they are just going off of that feeling. I like him as an actor though.
I didn't mean true as in "proven," I meant true as in "the theories are real."

Wait, wait, no, are you actually making this an argument? It's Morgan Freeman. Narrating a science program.

FUN FACT I EDITED THE SNOT OUT OF THIS POST GRRRAAAAARRRGHHH OCDOCDOCD

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
<whips out his Occam's razor>...

Strings? 3D holograms of 2D space? Does any of that even feel right? C'mon guys the average poster here is obviously above average intelligence. When you read this stuff does it "click" with you? I didn't think so. It's a bunch of eggheads overthinking the simplicity of the universe.

You don't need more than one dimension of time or more than three of space. spend a little time on this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Garrett_Lisi
and his work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Exceptionally_Simple_Theory_of_Everything

This guy doesn't get the funding he needs because he scares the hell out of the critics with his simplicity and his defense of his proposals. After all if a third year physics major can replicate his work, what's the physics department chair to do that's groundbreaking? Been following CERN? It certainly hasn't been an avalanche of confirmations of these fringe ideas.

We solidified most principle ideas in science before we could harness electricity. Why all the sudden should the universe become this muddled mess of things that don't make sense when every other "ism" is so easily defined?