1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Realism. THE EFFECTS.

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by [amel_#umper, May 26, 2001.

1. [amel_#umper

[amel_#umper New Member

U know everyone does have a point about realism and so, but if this game gets turned into a simultion of fighting it could easily get ruined. I've seen posts about an aiming delay when u go prone, not being able to run jump and change direction suddenly, and "why can't u take the scopes off of guns". If this game gets turned into like military combat training simulator its just gonna die. Remeber ppl it is just a video game and video games r meant to be fun but not necesarily life-like. thnx. :)

2. SuperDudeMan

SuperDudeMan New Member

Just a an opinion which is usually ignored...

Umm, we ARE trying to make a WAR simulator!

3. SoSilencer

SoSilencer Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)

For many of us a completely realistic military simulation is far more fun than a standard action fps any day.

4. smithnwessun

smithnwessun Gravel

Ya

Maybe we want a military combat simulator ?
    i know many peeps that are in the military that play inf and me include...we play inf because of the realism...the feeling when you fire with your rifle...this is a really good training for real life at my eyes...the only problem is that i dont lose my fat ahahaha :)

5. DredDamo

DredDamo New Member

Nice jump on the n00b, guys!

Ditto. I am in the INF community because I want a WAR simulator. Dur. The realer the better; down with bug exploiters and pseudo-realists! :)

There are plenty of games out there that pretend to be real, which are fun too. But INF has the potential to be megaREAL, and that's why most of us are here. These little details like proning delay or inertia (both simple facts of physics!) destroy, what to us, is a way to realistically play as a team on a virtual battlefield.

[L]-Damodred

6. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

I would seriously suggest you look elsewhere for the TacShooter that suits you [amel #umper. This one obviously isn't for you. (Not to mention the fact that no one likes or respects you)

7. itskeiagain

itskeiagain Adept

This argument has come up numerous times but it never ceases to amaze me how many people come to play INF and start complaining about its realism.:rolleyes:

INF is going for realism all the way!!:)

for those with weak hearts, there's always CS:D

8. Lolo Konijn

Lolo Konijn Huppel huppel

I like the idea of making the game real more then the goal itself...
    Thinking of solutions to make it realistic is cool, you can really see the game grow because of the new features. (which you do see apart in other games, but never before in 1 game)

But the main reason why I play INF is because of the great community (mainly caused by the excellent communication with the team).

9. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Judging by the number of people who have just responded saying that realism rocks, I doubt turning this game into a "military simulation" will cause it to "die off". You should really think before you post something like this.

Sorry if I sounded rude... but I don't want this to end up like CS. I used to love that game :(

10. [amel_#umper

[amel_#umper New Member

k guys i see ur point but why'd u have to be so mean to me. Its just my opinion. And thats what forums r for ,to give ur opinion so all of u can just shut the f*/2k up. :mad:

u bitches.

11. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

I was just giving my opinion that you aren't a very mature or intelligent person.

12. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Good to see intelligence is good and alive...

"And thats what forums r for ,to give ur opinion so all of u can just shut the f*/2k up.

u bitches."

So now "all" of us should just "shut the **** up" because we are "bitches".

Did you just make this post purely to find a reason to start a flame war? Thats what I love about the internet, people can be anonymous, so you can hide behind your "strong language".

You gave your opinion, and I didn't say ANYTHING mean to it at all. Go reread my post if you want. I even stated that if I offended anyone I was SORRY.

I suggest you apologize.

13. Mad_Dog

Mad_Dog Voice Of Reason

camel humper, the first polite post i saw from you was the one that started this thread... you piss people off, you get it back. only 50 or so posts, and already people are telling you to leave... sad.

14. CAVERNA2K

CAVERNA2K Look, a fliing something!!!!!

hey heyh ey hey hey!!!

CS: don´t speack bad of cs nor the CSers!!! CS is the most played game in my lan, so I depend on then to gain CA$H!!!

CS is as real as a fool can make. thx.

15. CAVERNA2K

CAVERNA2K Look, a fliing something!!!!!

everybody: lets let it go, nothing to see here... I think that we everyone DID NOT behave very well here. Me neighter/even/also. I don´t like CS because of fragloons that use all kinds of cheats and bacause a clan ruined my LAN for 3 days, ´cause of cheats they put in my machines. Thus most of CSers are MOFOS... they think thy´re the hot ones... They are boneheads. No thinking, no live, just the m4a1 and here we go... Fu.ck ´em. I´ll just tolerate them ´cause they give me a lot of money.

It´s better close this tread now., otherwise trojans will appear here.

16. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

[amel_#umper, have you tried InfLite? I think that it will create a balance between those who want as much realism as possible (folk like me, and a lot of us INF fanatics) and those who want less realism and more frantic type of play.

I agree that this was NOT the tread to smack camel humper with the rolled up newspaper.

However CH, you must acknowledge that you appear to have approached the forums with an "up yours" kind of attitude...maybe it's just misunderstood sarcasm, maybe you're just kidding around the same way you would with your friends. But this medium doesn't lend it self to easy interpretation of the subtleties of language (the smilies help, but they still don't convey meaning the same as if we where all sitting around talking).

I've been watching your posting and frankly I cant tell if you're just a sarcastic/sardonic/dry witted type (which would be fine) or if you're being a jerk (which would NOT be fine).

We have a few others that have been here a long time that are the same way, but we all know what those members are all about so they generaly get interpreted the way they intended.

If you just have a dry or sarcastic sense of humor and don't mean to disrespect people, then in time people will figure that out and you'll be fine (it might help to use more smilies and re-read what you post before hitting the submit button...think about how it can be missenterperted).

17. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

At least [amel_#umper your thread made me happy because of all realism freaks reply ! :D

18. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Camel Humper...

Ok than I am big enough to admit I am wrong. I am sorry if I sounded like an a$$hole to you when I replied. Your reply just peeved me off abit, and I had to respond.

Cavern: I like CS alot, but since I have a Mac at home, I can't use it. And I don't like playing online because of all the cheaters adn almers... though I do go out and play it often at LANs. I am pretty good at it I fancy ;)

Than we go drinking ;) unrelated

19. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

// Camel Humper :
    I see nothing wrong with letting this game turn into some kind of Infantry-simulator.

Realism done wrong would ruin this game and reduce it's audience until only the team played it,
    but so far the aspects of realism they've included were done in a good way.

If you'd want a less serious type of game, then there's always Inf-lite or one of the other mods for UT.

Even though I'm no ultra-realism fanatic like some of the ppl on this forum, I don't want to turn Inf in a quasi-realism mod like CS either.

20. Mason

Mason Self appointed voice of reason

What really amazes me is that most people, if they read the manual or check out the forums BEFORE downloading Infiltration, KNOW it is striving for a level of realism far above any other mod, this is stated constantly. These people, who know Inf. is moving towards 'total realism', STILL complain about the mod becoming 'too real', and 'not fun'.

I definitely think Inf-Lite is the answer they are looking for, especially once you are able to arrange loadouts so that everyone can have different ones, or once you can just 'swap' weapons, like in the old 2.75.