1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RealAssault

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by TheWhaleShark, Jan 11, 2002.

1. TheWhaleShark

TheWhaleShark This world is spinning around me

I just downloaded RealAssault and played a couple of rounds on it. I just wanted to give mad props to whoever the hell made that map. It's absolute, pure evil. I like it. Get this map.

2. BlAcK_PlAgUe22

BlAcK_PlAgUe22 I ooze.

AngelHeart made it. He has a habit of making good maps. :D

3. Spooge

Spooge Digital Content Creator

You think?! :D

4. fauker

fauker Louqe

Whos converting it to AS? I heard someone besides Bert was. Anyone know?

5. Hert

Hert New Member

Yup that would be me. After i heard from Angelheart that his friend is too busy I got back to it and finished it.I optimized the bot support a great deal so bots now know how to finish the map :D

It would be great if some (or a lot) would test it and send me feedback on it ..if they found any bugs i caused or if the gameplay balances out well (I havent had a chance to test it in multiplayer yet)

Might be objectives are too hard or too easy...i did my best though :)

Its available at:
    http://www.uclan.de/files/As-RealAssault/As-RealAssault.zip

6. anonymous_coward

anonymous_coward New Member

you can play the multiplayer team deathmatch version on the INF community maps server, along with a quite a few other community maps.

it plays quite well in team deathmatch, the layout of the maps calls for an assalt type behaviour from players anyway, although there are no mission objective, execpt wipe out the opponents :)

anon

7. fauker

fauker Louqe

Great! Im d/l it now, ill test it soon and give you some feedback.

8. bastardb

bastardb New Member

what is different with this map... (and manor farm) from every other map i basicly see playing on servers?

i can get about 30fps average with my tnt2 on all over maps cept this one

realassault gives me<4 fps in most places!!

manor farm as well....
    even though it didint use to on my
    300mhz same 3d card win98

but now even on my 1ghz win2k (running at high priority) i get it slower performance!

9. DarkSniper

DarkSniper Do something other than design levels?

What is the difference?
    Real Assault---Level of detail, # of brushes, the fact that it is all one big zone and the occlusion time this causes, all the scripted stuff ( mortars), method of construction, number of polys, poly/node ratio, # of sounds, etc.

Manor Farm--Level of detail, # of brushes, # of polys especially when you are out front looking at a lot of the buildings, occlusion time, # of movers ( doors and breaking windows), # of sounds, etc.

All these things will effect the amount of FPS you get. Plus the settings you have your game on, high detail actors etc.

This still does'nt make these bad maps, in fact they are a couple of the nicest ones out there.