1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[READ] The Infiltration Forums: YOUR THOUGHTS

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by HanD_of_DarKNesS, Sep 21, 2001.

1. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Ofc ourse. I don't want to be elected president ;)

2. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

ok, then start working on OT

3. zeep

zeep :(

Over at Troubleshooting, where i hang out most, i'm happy to say i've hardly seen 'bad' behaviour.
    Ever since i came to infiltration/forum, it has always struck me as an 'adult' audience.

I hope you all can work it out and i will not stop playing inf, not for a long time. ( even tho i can only play for like 10 minutes and then my connection locks due to an Amd + Via board vs ADSL modem issue yet still to be solved :( )

And as my old indian spiritual leader used to say: [roughly translated from Urdu and all the singing cut out]
    'Sometimes life has to kick you in the nuts so that you will respect the days that it doesn't. And most importantly ...' ( he passed away at this point so just stick with the first part )

4. dapngwnman

dapngwnman is a gamer

from what i see......the moderators do good work
    or im just slow at checkin these forums
    you have to get some type of respect or have people that reallly don't care to not get your forums attacked like once or 2 times every day
    especially when these forums are listed right in the big planetunreal list
    soo throw a pepso to a moderator........sheesh
    opinions aren't attacks........attacks are opinions
    when will people relaise that?(Beep i can't spell good)

5. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

I find the games and the forums usually are inhabited by 2 different audiences.
    Every 1 in the forums is 2 in the game. I wouln't try to link the two together.

6. Kuroshio Apocal

Kuroshio Apocal Sucka Free

yurch you seem to act the exact same in-game as you do on IRC and the forums. So does st0rm.

7. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

exactly. But one outta every two people you ask in some games haven't even heard of "teh phorums" :D
    The whole comparison was in answer to tinkywinky's post.

8. dapngwnman

dapngwnman is a gamer

most games like yurch said
    its like the dudes on the forums you never see in your severs
    then you say on the forums you played long time and they like.....YOU DON'T know what yo talkin bout :)
    i remember when most people just went to sob forums and though those were inf's forums......(2.6 if ya kno what i mean)
    he he he
    wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    i just wrote l a lot
    l to the lo.....im ousta here before i get smacked up da head

9. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

it seems the forums cleared themselves up by the fact that those who could not keep up backing out.

10. Kuroshio Apocal

Kuroshio Apocal Sucka Free

Ah, I see now yurch. I thought you meant people acted different in-game as opposed to the forums (me in specific :)).

11. dapngwnman

dapngwnman is a gamer

i belive the term hypocrite was made on forums :)

12. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

Well, I've had a lot more time to observe the inf forums and how the comunity reacts on them andI have to say that it is top notch. Everyone in the community seems to support each other adn even when they flame it's nothing serious... On tac ops I'd say "conefire is not that bad" "YOUR A DICK ASS FACE! "so and so" CLAN OWNZ JOO!" that was as in depth as it got. I've actually had interesting debates about weapons with people who probably knew more about the subject than I did, got tips from actual marines and British army recruits.... a hell of a lot more constructive than any other forum I've ever been to be it video game or otherwise.... I say congrats to the inf community and INF team for making a kick ass game that really adheres to the gamers wants and needs. It's funny how it takes a game about putting pieces of metal through eachother's vital organs to bring people together ;)

13. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

If there is to be order made out of chaos, a few toes will have to be stepped on. The loss of those who's toes will be stepped on are of no consequece and it would probably be a benefit to the community to lose them.

People have to realize that just because you are miles away (in many cases) and that you will probably never talk to or meet any of the people on these forums, doesn't mean that you treat them with less respect or courtesy. Some of the conversational behavior I've seen on these forums is utterly ridiculous! Much of this is due to the I'm-frustrated-and-I'm-here-and-they-are-there-and-they-can't-do-anything-to-me-anyway-so-I-can-say-what-I-want-anyway-I-want, line of reasoning. This is gross immaturity. If this is how people communicate with people they encounter face to face, they have a serious wake up call coming.

Moderators, do your jobs. Step on the toes that need to be stepped on. In the process you will learn, they will learn and the rest of us will learn what is acceptable 'behavior' on these forums. Don't let anyone tell you how to do your job unless they are the ones that gave you the job. This is not a world of 'I can do and say whatever I want' and even it were, no one promised that there wouldn't be consequences for those actions. There are rules and guidelines that must be followed for there to be order. You break those rules if you want, but there will be consequences....or there should be.

Forum Hints:

-Treat others with the respect with which you want to be treated.
    -Its ok to be wrong. We can't all be right.
    -Think intelligently before you speak (post/reply).
    -Make sure that if you have an opinion about something, that it is at least loosely based on fact otherwise it is pure fantasy.
    -Remember that regardless of your opinion, that there are some truths and facts that are unchanged by your, mine, or anyone's opinions.
    -If you plan on discussing facts, please have more knowledge about the subject than what you saw on TV or in a movie. Personal experience is priceless as far as information.
    -Do not dispute people who have experience in whatever given topic is at hand. You will only end up looking like a fool.
    -Come here to SHARE thoughts, comments, opinions and to learn.
    -We may not all be able to get along, but we can all decide to behave like mature adults. (even those of you who aren't)

14. Sniper187

Sniper187 Official Forum Lurker

I, like Dragon, gave up on these forums long ago, too. Lets hope things do change...

15. POWER[NSK]

POWER[NSK] "God here... the POWER is on it's way!"

I just got here, and thought I'd just read as many of the threads as I can. I'm new to INF, but I'm learned in the ways of the net, and it seems to me that you have a pretty good bunch of guys here, and some of you just let your personal differences get in the way of some major fun.

Two words: Grow Up. :)

I hope to have a lot of fun and entertaining discussions with you guys. So far, all they guys that I've met on the INF servers totally kick a$$. They are nice, helpful to the extreme, even when I ask some truely DUMB questions. It's just a game ppl.

POWER out.

16. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Really ? Are you sure you want to start a new topic with that litle innocent sentence ?[​IMG]

17. POWER[NSK]

POWER[NSK] "God here... the POWER is on it's way!"

LOL :)

woohoo. I came to the right place! Indeed! :D

/me dons his asbestos underpants. hehehe.

18. Lighthorse6D

Lighthorse6D New Member

Hey, I'm a newbie to this forum. Still, I like what I have seen compared to other forums. To the moderators, keep up the good work. It sounds like all anyone is asking is to use some common sense and tact. Which is easier said than done.

Still, these are decent forums and a great mod.

19. Isacki

Isacki Defining the meaning of 'mad rushing'

I dunno -
    I've never actually seen a moderator in action, perhaps they do their job "behind closed doors." They're part and parcel of a forum tho...
    Still, I've had few problems with INF forums. You can see I'm totally oblivious to the facts :D
    BTW Kudos to BeyondUnreal :)

20. [L]-Lestat

[L]-Lestat LOL? I nearly ROFLed!(IF)

I too gave up on these forums a while back. I browse through them once in a while to look for useful tips and mutators (Just look for posts by CT and Yurch).
    I'm really pleased to see this proposal, I hope you can change the atmosphere in here a little. Good luck. :D