1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RE:Apocalypse, so what do you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ninjin, Sep 12, 2004.

1. ninjin

ninjin The Franco-Japanese Carrot

Went to watch Resident Evil Apocalypse three times, and found it damn good, MUCH better than the first. Although it does not have the "suspense" of the first, the 2nd is much closer to Resident Evil : Nemesis, and Resident Evil Outbreak, with a bit of Code Veronica mixed into it.

Despite having a few "mistakes" (the STARS uniform being Code Veronica styled and Nicholai, THE badass of RE dying....) it was a good mix of director + game history.

As a Biohazard/Resident Evil fan, what can i say, i love this stuff ;)

2. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

SSSSTTTTAAAAAARRRRRRSSSSS

PS, I really wanted to go see this, but forgot too. Guess I have something to do tomorrow...

3. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

I'll add this film to the list of films I never want to pay money to see. And if it doesn't have any naked Milla action (like the silly hidden puss shot from RE...well, not really hidden...) then I don't want to see it period.

I want to see this about as much as I wanted to see "Batman and Robin", or either of the "Mortal Kombat" movies (or TV shows)...

The only good video game movie ever made was "Super Mario Bros." because it predicted the events of 9/11 and because we found out that Mario's last name is "Mario". Well, and it had Fisher Stevens (Ben from "Short Circuit" aka "best movie ever").

....ok, that was a terrible movie too....

But wait, Wing Commander was sweet! Because it had Mark Hamill, Sallah (from Indiana Jones), Biff, and Malcom McDowell!! And.....wait.....no, those were the video games...the movie had Freddie Prinze Jr. in it...

Lesson learned: Video Game ---> Movie = Bad Idea

:(

Screw this...I'm gonna go watch "Surf Ninjas"...

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  4. chuckus

chuckus Can't stop the bum rush.

HEy let us not forget the awesomeness of Double Dragon with the boubonic plague version of Abobo... sweeeeeet....

5. Lt.

Lt. Elitist bastard

best part of that movie was when the motorcycle came crashing thru the stained glass window of the church and everybody yelled out hopefully:

IT'S DANZIG~!!
    [​IMG]

then we were crushed to find out it was just some lady with a shotgun, and not actually Danzig, King of Metal, out destroying the windows of local churches with his mighty Iron Steed.

later we saw a heavy, black boot come stomping onto the screen along with a chaingun, leather pants, and a rocket launcher.

"surely" we thought "IT'S DANZIG~!!"
    [​IMG]

but it was just some zombie wandering around shooting people. whatever.

the film would have been so much better if they had focused on 40 year-old rock stars and not cheesy, rubber, zombie suits. (why exactly did the bio-zombie-soldier have purple tubes coming out of his shoulders? i think i missed that part. :rolleyes: )
    i also enjoyed when that cop on the bridge got shot in the chest with a mini-gun and *didnt* get ripped apart into 100 pieces. i can only assume that the bio-zombie was armed with a .22 LR chaingun.

6. cracwhore

cracwhore I'm a video game review site...

Glenn Danzig owns you.

7. Mr. HotDog

Mr. HotDog [Insert Text Here]

The movie was very poor, if not completely garbage. They turned a great survival horror storyline into a moronic shoot-everything action movie that appeals to 12 years who have to go see the show with their moms because its rated R. Admit it, i'm right and thats all there is to it.

8. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

i dunno if im allowed to link to this site via BUF, but theres an interesting video here, if they remove it, so be it, and if im in the wrong, i apologise to the admins:
    <EDITED>

Danzig gets PWND!!!!!!!!!!1

9. ravens_hawk

ravens_hawk New Member

Sorry this film looks like crap. Why did they have to film it in TO? It's got a bad enough rap as it is without shotty films being there. :eek:

Bush, try linking to the video insted of the site
    http://submissions.newsfilter.org/uploads/DANZIG_0W43D.wmv, that or d/l the video and host it yourself.

10. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

Thanx Hawk, wasnt sure how to accomplish that type of link :D

and i cant host :(

11. DooMfreak

DooMfreak New Member

There were a few good parts, but most of it was straight-to-video quality. Crappy slow motion effects, laughable dialog, action sequences that looked like they were from the 'Behind the Scenes' featurette. The made no attempt to hide the CN Tower, what were they thinking no one would notice?!? Most of the action sequences were just a bunch of zoomed in shaky-cam, robbing away anytype possible excitement. They should have just got one of the producers to stand in the camera wave his hands frantically in front of his face while the camera operator did a manual zoom in and out as fast as possible, would have provided the same effect. To top it off they boldly use the last 10 minutes or so just to set up another sequel. Nemesis was well done though, the fact that they didn't do a full CG character was excellent.

12. Lt.

Lt. Elitist bastard

:lol: yah, i got the same impression. when we got out of the theatre one of my friends said "man, the action camerawork was so shaky, its as if they were kicking the cameraman."

we personally prefer the action camerawork used in really old kung-fu movies. where the camera zooms out all the way, then the cameraman like, walks away to take a smoke or something. the screen doesnt move for like 2 minutes, and you can see both fighters, no matter how much they run around/fight.

none of this "zoomed-in-all-the-way, hey-whats-going-on?" stuff. :D

13. Mr. Apocalypse

Mr. Apocalypse My brain must be broken

What did I think about what?

14. TheShiningWizard

TheShiningWizard Because it's more fantastical.

15. Ranger 223

Ranger 223 MS Paint Pimp

oh nos! the movie was terrible. Why, oh god why, did i waste 2 hours of my life watching it? it's 2 hours i will never get back. I had more fun when i was out of ammo in resident evil 2, trying to get to the police station, and spending 20 minutes on top of a dumpster, knifing zombies.

why must he turn ?
    Drew