[+] Ray Charles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Ray Charles dies at 73
BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- Ray Charles, the Grammy-winning crooner who blended gospel and blues in such crowd-pleasers as "What'd I Say" and ballads like "Georgia on My Mind," died Thursday, a spokesman said. He was 73.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/10/obit.ray.charles.ap/index.html

Reactions?

edit: the little + is supposed to be a tombstone or something like that. Post if you have a better idea... :p

Last edited:

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
While I am glad to be reviled, I actually thought his joke was funny and told him so on IRC. I'm was making a dumb post to point it out.

Also, I love you.

Edit: Hey, TM. I wasn't the one who made the joke. I think Ray Charles was a great musician, it's a shame he's passed away. Now maybe we can get this thread back on topic and steer clear of drama.

Last edited:

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
I just got blindsided...

genetic freak you don't know who he is? are you blind to the music world? you can't just go blindly listening to whatever is new and hip, you have to feel around for the old classics, and really listen for things.

all kidding aside, it doesn't really affect me that much, it sucks that a great entertainer has died, but in the long run, they all die, and he really hasn't done much in the last few years, so it's not like we're now going to be missing the latest and greatest from him.

I still feel kinda bad though, it's always a little sucky when someone like him, who really was a legend dies.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Oh no ! I really love Ray Charles. That's just blimin sad. I mean he had this really cool style at the piano. I used to take the piss when I was a kid but I really grew to respect that guy. The guy is a legend :( .

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
My mum still has a lot of his old stuff on vinyl, which I used to listen to when I was little. Great stuff.

RIP, Ray. :hmm:

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
GeneticFreak said:
I didn't see it coming either...
I didn't even know who he is...

RIP anyhow...
raycharles.jpg