1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RAv2 Players: Please, let's get our **** together!

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by SexPistol, Jul 20, 2003.

1. SexPistol

SexPistol New Member

i know this has been a popular topic lately, but i chose to create a new thread in an attempt to narrow the topic of conversation down so that we all focus on the main intent of this post... bringing everyone together.

RAv2 players, we miss you! for us hardcore realisim fanatics who are still enthusiastic about playing INF, MUF and it's counterparts are out of the question. some of the new RAv1 servers that have popped up are interesting, like the new [FOOL] server with flash bangs, tripwires, etc., but they still lack the defining characteristics of realism and ultimately are still rooted in original "vanilla" INF gamestyle; run and gun is still the primary method of play.

to tide what's left of the community over until 2.9 comes out, there has been talk about getting everyone together for weekly matches, etc. -- i hoped if we have one central place to do it that it would make it easier on everyone.

tell your friends, families, pets, doctors, whoever about this thread and let us all try to get something together and keep the online games going until the release of 2.9.

nothing beats a good old fashioned game of RAv2 with DTAS and plenty of targets!

2. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

Well I still would be playing INF as much as I usually would. I'm pretty much stopped by lack of players. On Friday night I went out on a limb and stood around with another player. After some patiance, we had around 8 or 9 people playing. I guess it was the first time DTAS was running for 2 weeks. Pretty pathetic. I'm not going out of my way for INF, but if I have spare time, I always check the servers for even one damn person now days. And most of the time, that doesn't even happen. I think there is too much meantion of the death of RA and the imminent release of 2.9. I think we should just play as much as we want to, and hopefully that is enough to put people in servers. I can't force people to play.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2003
  3. Ice

Ice New Member

The lack of community togetherness and lack of updates from the team [file-wise] has efficiently killed this mod. You can say great gameplay never dies, but it gets old. Pong was a game that was played over and over and now its barely remembered. People have moved on to bigger and better things and there is going to be a hard time convincing them to come back and play before 2.9 or even afterwards.

4. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

You people think too much. Really.

5. SexPistol

SexPistol New Member

err... what's that supposed to mean yurch?

6. Keganator

Keganator White as Snow Moderator

Well, earlier there was talk about bringing back the 'RA friday' matchup, where everyone just tries to hop on friday night (day), so you can get one game in a week. Why not everyone strive to play next friday? Hell...even I'd try to make it out. <P^R>3, anyone? ^_^

7. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

It means the prophets of old-time doom and gloom are out in force again. Not you, obviously, I applaud any effort to turn things around, rather than the standard I-told-you-so that can be seen here.

8. Neddaf

Neddaf Just a flesh wound!

inf is borrrinnnnggg...for the 2000th time....you cant revive boredom...not atleast on me that is...

9. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

You know what they say about attention span?

Well, oficially we're trying to get as many people as possible hopping onto AFA3 of a Saturday evening. Last saturday we had about 7 or 8 people. Check out the thread in Online - speaking of which, shouldn't this be over there?

10. CampersDaz

CampersDaz New Member

Sure, i like to play RAV2, but in my eyes it's a little bit outdated :(

11. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

I haven't played INF for a long time. But just before I went to Iran I tried it one more time and amazingly enough I found a way to get less lag. When I get back (If I get back :p) I will see if my internet still is working, if it isn't working I guess I won't be online. If I will have internet I hope to see you guys online. I suck so much now I guess INF will provide a challenge once again.

12. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

well maybe it's getting old, but Rav2 with DTAS is what inf should be imo... at least theres a point in the game. Running around, shooting people up is funnier in Q3 with a RL.

Anyway, I've had a few good games on PR1 this week... I missed a good one on AFA3 (what's the damn password!... that's a good way to to kill a game you know?!). I think the problem is that everyone checks his game brower and waits for players... that way, no one will ever play the game! just hop on the server... someone else always joins in soon or later.

13. SexPistol

SexPistol New Member

at least we had some good 2on2 matches over the weekend. oh, i want to stress the realism of RA on AFA3.

gotta love the *cough* realism *cough* geo!

14. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

When I want to play I will hop on a server and wait. Yes I do other things while waiting. Lately no one shows. They don't like me. :( It can't be them being scared unless they scared of laughing to death.

They realism have no choice realism but to password realism it. It is realism inconvient at first realism but the password realism has been spread realism around a realism fair amount.

How exactly is RAv2 considered old? It may have been out awhile but their is nothing wrong with being old. I rather have something old and good than new and garbage. RAv2 + DTAS + full server = gaming goodness.

What is the way to get less lag? Need less lag.

15. SexPistol

SexPistol New Member

even though this is my own topic and i don't want to stray, it's funny that you mentioned old vs. new ben.

it reminds me of why i don't cheat on my girlfriends. i'd rather have familiar and fun than new and trashy :lol:

16. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

REALAIM FRIDAY!!!!11one

That is all.

(Well, f ck knows I'm not doing anything else with my friday so I will be there).

17. Fenris

Fenris [-I-]Fenris

I got all the time in this god damned world to wait for anything happening.

I'm extremely good at waiting things out.

If there were all those gazillions of highly superior alternatives to INF... Why the feck is there still anyone around?

Sure. Online public gaming is dead these days. Sooooo?

INForcers Eurodivision even had matches in vanilla INF lately. And that against a NEW! YES! NEW! INF Clan.

If you want things to happen, then make them happen. Same in RL, isn't it? Or are you still living with mommy? :eek:

The whole dilemma does not get any better by saying "Hey! Of course we'll survive and stick to INF", I know, but then again, it doesn't make it worse either.

If you don't have what it takes, get your sorry excuse of a carcass out of here. If you do, well, welcome to the crowd, take a seat and wait for revelation :)

Think about it this way, is it not possible that the game still rocks, just you got old? I am old. And I know it. But that's not INF's fault ;)

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I got some serious waiting to do...

18. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

lol Fenris. I take your point. Waiting does suck. What I really meant to say on that subject is that while I am working or playing something else I will be on a map. I don't sit their staring at the screen waitin because like you I have better things to do. As things stand now though if I want to play INF thats what I have to do.

Sorry about the OT earlier. When people say something like that I have to jump up and scream. Yes I respect his view. I just don't agree.

I missed playing this weekend simply because I only had 72 hours do to about 90 hours worth of stuff. Things won't be better this week. Not complaining and I know I'm not the only one but thats RL I deal with it.

SOULJA INF is not boring.

I will try to get on line and play. The reason I stay with INF is simple. People like you, sometimes I do wonder about Ice, and the fact I have not seen anything better.

Am I anywhere near being on topic?

19. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

hehe I'll be there friday just keep us all in touch ;)

20. w00p

w00p Windows at its best

:con:
    You stay at home at saturday evening? And I thought I don't have a life. :p
    Lately, its very irregular, but I'm usually not home friday or saturday.
    How bout RA wednsday? :cool:

We aren't that new... :lol:
    somwhere february-may 'ish... :D

Last edited: Jul 21, 2003