1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Manticore, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Tux Android

Tux Android (hiatus on UT series)

Argo (2012)
    One of the finest and great movies in the year 2012. Based on CIA operative Tony Mendez's rescue of six Americans who attempted to take them home to the Canadian Ambassador during the Iranian hostage crisis in 1979 (Tehran, Iran). Ben Affleck is extraordinary for directing and acting as should be (like Clint Eastwood). Good thinking. I bet this should be added to the Best Picture category at the 85th Academy Awards.
    Grade: A

2. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Dredd (3D)- 8/10

I'm a fan of the Dredd comics and I can't help but make some comparisons between this new Dredd and the Stallone version. It's not that the Stallone version was that bad; but the helmet should have never come off. The helmet is paramount to the whole Dredd mystique.

At least in Dredd the helmet has stayed on. This is far darker, dirtier, grungier Megacity One. While Stallone's Dredd looked like it had been pulled from a comic book the new Dredd looks more like a story that has been pulled from the comic books.

This new Dredd, unlike the old Dredd, did not get too heavily into the Judges/Megacity One/Dredd mythology.. it just let loose with some great storybook action.

The 3D was extremely well used in this film; some of the best I have seen. The soundtrack suited the vibe of the film perfectly.

I wasn't disappointed by this film, and I really enjoyed it. It did justice to its 2000AD comic roots.

3. Manticore

Silent Hill-6.5/10

I've never played the game so I can't relate it to the film at all.

The story was a bit thin and weak in places but the film had a good visual and sound. The acting was pretty much there.

I would hardly call it horror in the normal sense though......

4. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Skyfall - 9/10

Almost no "bond girl" in sight bringing annoyance, a followable story that's also a bit different from the rest, visuals/LIGHTING and music being amazing, new Q extremely likeable. And great acting.
    May be the best Bond movie I have ever watched in recent years.

I still don't understand how Bond survived at the beginning, really.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. Thrallala

Thrallala Wait, if you're here then that means...

]Skyfall - 8/10

Thankfully a lot better than Quantum of Solace. Daniel Craig still plays Bond pretty well, Javier Bardem does what was expected of him and the rest of the cast is fine. I liked Q, a very likeable character.

The story was good but did not quite seem like something out of a Bond movie, I was a little bit disappointed at the last 30 minutes or so but overall it's a great movie.

I think it's a great move to kill off Judi Dench in favor of Ralph Fiennes

6. Manticore

Dredd (3D)- 8/10

I went to see this again. As a Dredd fan I thoguht they got it just about right and I wanted to see it again while it was still on the big screen in 3D. I enjoyed it as much the second time.... if not more.

7. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

8. Luv_Studd

Luv_Studd Member

+1

9. Manticore

Yes; l I was thinking this flick will probably end up on the Academy Awards roster.

10. BillyBadAss

BillyBadAss Strong Cock of The North

+1

Saw it a week ago with the wife and she got really into it. I will dismiss the Hollywood ending as I'm a bit unsure if the chase at the end really happened. Most likely things went as planned for the most part and they were let on the plane. Anyway, great cast and I really dug how they got the period nailed down.

11. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

skyfall : 6/10
    read : above average movie, but sub-par james bond movie.

12. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

SkyFall - 6/10

Not the best outing by Daniel Craig - everything seems a bit touchy/feely with Bond in this film and he's even showing some feeling & wtf....he actually cries - that's just not right.
    I understand they're trying to humanize him a bit but it just doesn't fly with me in this latest outing.

The Way Back - 5/10

Thoroughly depressing film about a group of escaped prisoners who manage to break out from a Siberian prison camp during WW2 and make there way across 4000 miles of inhospitable terrain to India - seems unlikely but it's actually based off a true story apparently.
    Colin Farrell plays a decent role in this along with Ed Harris but if you want cheering up, I'd give this one a wide berth.

Elevator - 4/10

This is almost a remake of the film 'Devil' where you get a bunch of people going into a lift -lift gets stuck - ergo, psychological mayhem ensues.

13. Lruce Bee

The Sweeney - 3/10

Certainly bears no resemblance to the cult 70's TV cop show I remember other than the name of the outfit trying to clean up the streets of current day London.
    The film tries to be as politically incorrect as the original series with characters as hard as nails but it's all forced and crude - you have no respect for the characters, or the law they're trying to preserve.
    Ray Winston playing the role of a fat Jack Regan, wallows around swearing his head off and starting trouble with his superiors at any given opportunity - it just doesn't work.

14. Manticore

Thanks for the warning.

15. Lruce Bee

Lawless - 5/10

Outlaw brothers have a shaky truce with local law enforcement during prohibition era Virginia until an out of town slick decides to muscle in on the moonshine action.
    Film's a bit overrated though.

16. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

Skyfall or Just another action/drama flick.

For me, this wasn't a bond film at all. No cool gadgets, hardly any girls, and got slow at times. "modern" Bond has been fully replaced with Bourne and Mission Impossible. Even comedy movies for spies. There seemed to be more action in the previews of Die Hard 5 than all of Skyfall. Also, the song made no sense to me at all. I'll have to look up the lyrics one day. I probably won't watch this movie again. Even when it comes out on HBO etc, it just didn't capture me like I thought it was going to. Maybe it's just the start to the next "series" of Bond films (which it says at the end that Bond will be back).

Disappointed/10

17. Manticore

Battle Los Angeles-6/10

It was o.k. the second time around. Spectacular but cheesy........

18. Tux Android

Tux Android (hiatus on UT series)

Killer Joe (2011)
    Absolutely fun dark comedy film with cruel humor and very strong violent senses (viewing for 18 and above).
    Grade: B+

Skyfall (2012)
    A very brilliant Bond film. Dazzling action with royal gem and drama. One exception: Javier Bardem is one underrated Bond villain with blonde hair.
    Grade: A

Texas Killing Fields (2011)
    Strange crime film with four great actors (Sam Worthington, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Jessica Chastain, and Chloƫ Grace Moretz) with lack of storyline, cinematography, and useless scenes that is not publically load up on the screen. No connection for this film, somewhat a mystery.
    Grade: C

19. theabyss

theabyss No One Here Gets Out Alive

Really?
    I'll give it a 4/10
    I think this movie was the biggest let-down that I have experienced in a while.
    Maddoxx has summed it up quite nicely:prometheus in a nutshell

20. Manticore

The Illusionist-9/10

I really like this film. What a great story and so well told.......