1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[Rant] Messy Roommates/Housemates

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WaitForTheRain, Oct 27, 2010.

1. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

One of the people I live with (in a student house, but we all clean up after ourselves so it's usually fairly tidy) seems to have a thing about leaving the whole place an absolute ****ing tip whenever they're just about to go away for a week or so, for everyone else to clean up, and this isn't even just general unwashed dishes and whatnot. I got back from visiting my girlfriend today and I couldn't even get in the door because the bin had been dismantled and wedged behind a radiator. HOW DO YOU EVEN MANAGE THAT? There was stuff thrown around the room, the vacuum cleaner had been taken to bits and spread around the room, the floor was covered in most of the rooms contents and there was general **** everywhere. My house mate had been here alone for about two days, there aren't even any empty alcohol bottles/cans to suggest there's' been a drink up. What the **** is wrong with some people?

Anyone else have this problem?

2. Big-Al

Big-Al amateur de bière

i'm not tooooo bad for my nice clean housemates :)

but if a house mate is like that after only 2 days... it can noly get worse. lose the guy. better off with out him!!!

3. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

Poop in his pillowcase to show him your anger.

4. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Looks like it's time for the rest of you to get together and ask him to leave.:eek:

5. M.A.D.X.W

M.A.D.X.W Active Member

Maybe you should ask him to clean up first though.

6. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Throw all the garbage/mess he's created on his bed. And add some dogcrap for the hell of it.

7. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

This house is so full of people it makes me SICK. When I grow up, I'm living alone. YA HEAR ME?!? I'M LIVING ALONE! I'M LIVING ALONE!

8. Sjosz

Sjosz (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

At one point I had a problem like this with a set of students who were completely messy but then that got solved by living elsewhere without those people. Slainchild can probably also recall those very students.

9. pine

pine Official Photography Thread Appreciator

In any group of random people living together you always have different levels of tolerance for mess, and the person with the lowest tolerance usually ends up getting frustrated and having to do more cleaning work than the other people. I'm in the situation of being the clean one in my current apartment, which is kind of funny. I have a good attitude about it since I remember how it used to get on my nerves when my brother harassed me constantly to clean up all the time when I shared a room with him as a kid.

10. BITE_ME

BITE_ME Bye-Bye

If you use a gun. It might leave stains in the carpet.
    So. Poison would be a better way of dealing with the problem.

11. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Post pictures of the mess and your roommate's here and on somethingawful.

12. TurdDrive

TurdDrive sam k

Kill him Altier.

13. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

Guys ever take a poop on your roommate's pillow?

Just plop a corn-laden grumpy on their mattress?

Jettison anal moon rocks and army men in the MIDDLE of the floor?

Heave a tightly-compacted chocolate rice-krispies treat out of your bale-maker right on the DINING ROOM TABLE?!?

FEDEX A MEATY ASTEROID OVER THREE TIME ZONES INTO YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S CEREAL BOWL?!?!?!?

Extradite a convict of undesirable odor back to its homeland to be judged in a Court of Log?

Banish a tannish banana from the canals of a rectum of woe?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  14. TurdDrive

TurdDrive sam k

Your forgot Pebble Dashing their walls.

15. WaitForTheRain

WaitForTheRain New Member

Well there are two floors with toilets on and they chose to pebble dash the toilet I have to use as opposed to their own. How thoughtful of them.

16. Peavey

Peavey Rattus Norvegicus

Pebble dashing I think is much inferior to any of these self-invented descriptions of fecal tomfoolery :con:

17. Igoy

Igoy dea ex machina

Lol you sound surprised at this, WaitForTheRain.

My student house wasn't like this some of the time. It was like this all of the time. My housemate kept rats in the living room (why the landlord gave her permission I'll never know) so the living room constantly smelt of rat piss, rubbish on the floor, wedged in between the sofa cushions, bottles and glasses on the table from months back. The kitchen was only ever cleaned by me... and I gave up doing that by myself after a while so it was consistantly disgusting, always a pile of washing up in the sink, mould in MY cups from where they used them without asking, they also ate my food without asking me. Never helped with bills unless I basically kicked their door down. Always used the upstairs bathroom, despite them having one downstairs, plenty o' pebble dashing etc. The list goes on.

Welcome to student living.