Rant about ranting.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Read my third sentence.

"A rant is any oration or written work that is created in anger or to inspire anger in those who are exposed to it."

Yes, yes I did. I'll admit that I started skimming it when you just started to look like a jerk flaming people for whatever reason it is that people like to insult others through anonymous mediums. That was a mistake, I should have proceeded to wade through it and pay a bit more attention.

Now think about it. Good. Now read your post. Good. Now go scroll up, I know it may be tough for you... but you'll figure it out... and read my section on Rogue Leader.

Why do you feel the need to be so condescending and insulting here? Does it give you some kind of pleasure?

Under the context of my rant, I did not damage his reputation or insult him in anyway. I stated the truth. Out of all active ranters, he is the undisputed king. I think you missed the line that said "individuals that reside at the other end of the rant-creating spectrum"

I think you missed the line where I edited my earlier post, where I said, "edit: whoops, it looks like I did misunderstood your reasons for mentioning Rogue Leader."

Now, on the other hand, I made fun of Apocalypse because some consider his posts in many cases to be rants. He was also mentioned because his presence is parallel to that of an opinionated and cause-less valleygirl at times.

Other than not really undesrtanding your motives behind starting this thread in the first place, I understood that part of the post. I'll freely admit that I don't understand the way trolls and bullies think. I really don't. I try to understand why causing humaliation and suffering in others might bring joy, but I just don't get it. Sorry. I probably never will understand that.

So yes, I do think you might have misunderstood me a bit. But you did get the personal attack correct. That was to illustrate a prime component of any good rant when dealing with acts perpetrated by an individual entity. :tup:

Why do you need to use personal attacks to illustrate this point? I think if you took a little longer than the five minutes you earlier mentioned to really think this through and write it well you could have been equally clear, perhaps more so, if you had used either generalizations or fictitious examples.

And yes these are the OT forums. And ranting is not wrong. It's just the spamming of non-rants labeled as so (as is the current trend) that is getting just a bit obnoxious.

I do agree that threads should contain the content advertised in the subject.

Keep in mind, this was a rant.

Indeed.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Originally posted by Kibbles-N-Bits[4C]

Here's a simple breakdown of -isms...
Patriotism - I love my country
Nationalism - Because I love my country, it's better than yours.
Facism - Because my country is better than yours, it's people are better than yours.

In case people are taking your word as gospel on the English language, here are a couple of minor corrections:

nationalism: 1. Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.

fascism : 1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
Shadow: I'll apologize if I sounded condescending. I didn't really mean it that way, but I am kind of sick of the PM's and questions I get from people who don't actually read things. Not to say you don't...

As for making fun of Apocalypse, I am his classmate and we spend most of our free time making fun of him at our LAN parties. He's the one hosting them ;) Me and LifesBane joke with him all the time about him being a newbie and stuff. :)

Concerning the personal attacks, again, I'll have to refer to my third sentence, again. Personal attacks, although these weren't made in the sense that I hate these people, are a very effective way of angering one or more parties. Which is the subjective goal of the rant.

On to my brief explanation of patriotism vs. nationalism vs. facism. I was not speaking directly of the type of government, but rather the belief structure surrounding the political parties that advocate the separate -isms. I took those definitions a bit out of context, as I had used them earlier today to explain parts of Mein Kampf as well as the German Nastionalists Party's sentiment regarding other races and countries. Sorry if it leads to some confusion.

shadowkil

Oct 19, 2000
Camp Lejeune, NC, USA
Gotcha.

Of course I still would have to mod the original post as "-1, Flame bait" ;)

In any case, I don't intend for any sort of hostility, just responding to the post for shits and giggles :D

agent

<span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w
Oct 20, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by shadowkil
Gotcha.

Of course I still would have to mod the original post as "-1, Flame bait" ;)

slashdot sucks. they need Chronic to teach them the way.

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
What we have here is the classic n00b version of silly-puddy. You take a whack at them and they just bounce right back for more. I'm not going to bother:rolleyes:

agent

<span id=spObj style="FILTER:Glow(color=#5D025E);w
Oct 20, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by Chronic
What we have here is the classic n00b version of silly-puddy. You take a whack at them and they just bounce right back for more. I'm not going to bother:rolleyes:

you are bothering as we speak idiot.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
You know ES is right mate, you f<b></b>ucked up, thank you for this interesting bit of factual entartainment mister cat food product that is most likely derived from horse meat.

You may now place my balls in youre mouth and admire my beutifull erect c<b></b>ock, thank you.

On a more serious note, it was about time someone did this :)

Cunubelin

Absens haeres non erit (Soccerdad)
Sep 19, 1999
Sweden
I know a little secret...

Concerning goats. hehhe
But I'm not gonna tell. No sir, not no way, not no how!
I made a promise to Stormcaller and I'm gonna keep it till the day I die. (That could be sooner than I'd like... :) )