RAGE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Someone told me xmas this year (possibly).
And the developer themselves said that they would do it.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
HELP! I just got RAGE and all is see is this:

2d98hsl.jpg

I am about to rage!!! :mad: Has anyone else had this issue before? I just don't know what to do! MW3 for instance runs flawlessly on my hardware with max settings (but this is id Tech 3). Did I just waste my money??? :eek:

I would think so you crazy heil. Did you update to the most current video drivers?

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
Fixed my RAGE by putting the atioglxx.dll into Rage/base folder from Ati Drivers 11.10 preview 3. Apparently AMD decided to release older OpenGL drivers in the final WHQL 11.10 version ...idiots!!!

[SCREENSHOT]http://i42.tinypic.com/15i8cgg.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

New AMD drivers are expected to be released next week addressing some of the RAGE issues. I also tweaked my graphic settings using a custom config file but the game still has the infamous texture cache problem... ugh... and to be honest it doesn't look that great. Somehow I liked Borderlands' graphics more.

I also don't like the static sky... c'mon id Software the year is 2011 and we still get to see a static sky box like in Quake 2 (1997)? That's pretty lame!!! Borderlands had a dynamic day and night change and an animated sky box.

I don't even want to re-open the debate about the lack of any detail textures...

But let's face it; the game and the engine were designed and optimized for the five year old console systems. So yet another title which is heavily suffering from the goddamn consolization disease! The plague continues...

Last edited:

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
First off I enjoyed the game and as has been said the animation is superb and the graphics are really nice. I also agree with many of the criticisms texture pop and jerky motion when turning being the most obvious.

I was going to comment that the game world despite its huge footprint felt rather small, not the scale of the thing but the number of places to visit especially in the second area. (subway city) but I had not taken into account

But let's face it; the game and the engine were designed and optimized for the five year old console systems. So yet another title which is heavily suffering from the goddamn consolization disease! The plague continues...

Which explains why it feels a little empty of places to explore.

The weapons feel really nice but the in effect limitless ammo and a lack of 'health bar' make the game on the whole too easy imo. Not that parts are not challenging but the end level I just wandered through with the pulse cannon wasting super mutants with far greater ease than the first bandits you come across right at the start of the game. In the final sequence I switched to a weaker gun just to make it more interesting.

All in all a fun but flawed game.