RAGE

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
After finishing this game, I can only say that there is nothing memorable to this game except how smooth the AI death/hitreaction animations were, and the art direction. The endding is actually even worse than FarCry 2's, and the actual completion time is really short considering what they could have done with the game. The weapon balance is bad, and you will never run out of ammo because you can carry like 1000 of everything including grenades.

I'm whiling to try nightmare, but only if they limit the amount of ammo you can carry.

If you must play this game, wait for a price drop, it isn't a $60 value. $25 is what this game is worth.
And lastly, if you expected a final boss fight, you will be disappointed.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm not kidding. It's exactly the same.

You fight some cyborg-mutant that you can one shot with some of the thousand windsticks you carry around.... press a computer, quick video...
... unskappable credit.
There's nothing to be spoiled about this game, nothing about the storyline (which is non-existent) will actually make you feel like you've done something.

I don't know how or why FarCry 2's edding would inspire anyone, but it worked for ID.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
grinding?

It's fun just playing that game. the context of your missions didn't really matter, you knew you'd come at it however you wanted.

make 'em dead.

The arms dealer mission is the same over and over again:

Stop the arms shipment.

That's a pretty limited scope for side-quests.

I agree some of the more specific firefights are good.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
So I'm about 8-9 hours in, still on first disc, and I'm having a really hard time finding the motivation to continue playing this game. Does it get interesting down the road? Mission I'm currently on:
Have to go into Wellspring's sewers to stop bandits poisoning the water supply

I'm not finding anything really exciting going on. :(

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
So I beat this game the other day and I was very disappointed. Last level is bland, easy as hell and well...
there's not even a boss fight. The ending cut scene looks great like the intro but, it's essentially just a cop out with "They lived happily ever after".

So I'm about 8-9 hours in, still on first disc, and I'm having a really hard time finding the motivation to continue playing this game. Does it get interesting down the road? Mission I'm currently on:
Have to go into Wellspring's sewers to stop bandits poisoning the water supply

I'm not finding anything really exciting going on. :(
You go to the Dead City soon after that if I remember correctly and I thought that place was pretty awesome. You also head to the second wasteland a few missions after Dead City but aside from some pretty cool missions there, I thought the second wasteland itself was bleak. It also ties the game up way faster than it should have.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
So I beat this game the other day and I was very disappointed. Last level is bland, easy as hell and well...
there's not even a boss fight. The ending cut scene looks great like the intro but, it's essentially just a cop out with "They lived happily ever after".

You go to the Dead City soon after that if I remember correctly and I thought that place was pretty awesome. You also head to the second wasteland a few missions after Dead City but aside from some pretty cool missions there, I thought the second wasteland itself was bleak. It also ties the game up way faster than it should have.

I went there already.
For the defib upgrade
Relatively speaking, how far along am I in the game? Are the second and third disc that much shorter, or is it another slew of pointless side-quests with a couple more thought out missions?

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I went there already.
For the defib upgrade
Relatively speaking, how far along am I in the game? Are the second and third disc that much shorter, or is it another slew of pointless side-quests with a couple more thought out missions?
I played it on PC so I don't know when you'll be switching discs. I'd say once you get to the second wasteland you're probably around 2/3's done.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you're trying to complete all the races, be sure to do so before disabling the authority bridge. There's no going back. I was one race away from finishing them all... RAGE

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
he's disagreeing with you.

that's not trolling.

It's not disagreeing with someone that is the issue it's the manner and tone of the troll that does it.

Seriously; if you can't disagree/debate without looking like you have the communications skills of a four-year-old and you are at least over fifteen you are either a troll or mentally handicapped.

Trolling and flame wars around here got old about seven or eight years ago.

I don't mind people disagreeing and debating. I don't expect to agree with everyone myself. I'm not going to flame people in the process. That's so 2004.

It doesn't mean people can't have fun either but fun, at the expense of other people and respect, sucks arse.

Last edited: