Rage for PC, Steam ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I can't even remember the last time I heard of a game dropping the requirement for Steam.

The DRM wars are lost, don't get your hopes up.

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
:)D I raged when I discovered Deus Ex Machina required a Steam account/Steam to install, which still echoes in the account name I created.)

Just install Steam,
register an account with a sophisticated password and a user name that properly says what you feel about Steam :D,
let Steam download and update the game,
start the game to ensure it's running,
then enable offline mode and whatever else is required (like not checking for steam updates or game updates, not using cloud this and that etc),
and when you are done, block Steam services in the firewall.

Offline Mode:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Al, well as long as Unreal/UT series will keep installing and working I won't have that problem.;)

rejecht, thanks for the suggestions and I may actually do that eventually.

VendorX, yes that first thing was tempting and I did find a couple very interesting links with a google search, but I just can't do it.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
>steam evil = uplay evil

Just install it with Steam. Steam's not as bad as those 2003 STEAM IS THE DEVIL posts you find make it seem.

Last edited: