Quick Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you think AJ2 should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
With everyone asking me if AJ2 is the final version, it comes to my attention that it might not be the quality map we would want to give to the Unreal "world"... so I would appreciate if everyone would answer honestly:

If you have not played the map, Boney has a link to it on the Active Projects thread.

Last edited:

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I know nothing about mapping. I do know that the map looks and runs great on my machine. I know SS was having problems. The changes made to lighting works good for me. The extra tunnel in the smiley is sweet. What I think you mappers need to do is come up with some better naming system so when the map is done you have «BuA» in the title somewhere. I still see BC's first release of Refinery being played on servers and its been revised 3 times since then. The latest version works for me but in all honesty the maps should be tested in Reg. Grav. Reg. Weapons mode unless you strictly make a LGI MAP.

Weapon Placement, Flow, Spawning Location is important, in LGI Weapon Placement doesn't matter, more Flow and Jumping Heights.

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
TAZTG said:
I know nothing about mapping. I do know that the map looks and runs great on my machine. I know SS was having problems. The changes made to lighting works good for me. The extra tunnel in the smiley is sweet. What I think you mappers need to do is come up with some better naming system so when the map is done you have «BuA» in the title somewhere. I still see BC's first release of Refinery being played on servers and its been revised 3 times since then. The latest version works for me but in all honesty the maps should be tested in Reg. Grav. Reg. Weapons mode unless you strictly make a LGI MAP.

Weapon Placement, Flow, Spawning Location is important, in LGI Weapon Placement doesn't matter, more Flow and Jumping Heights.

Dude... that's AJ1_2 yer talking about... I was talking about AJ2. :)
The one I sent ya in yer email, ya booger!

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
I chose to update it because it never hurts to add more secrets and other things into maps...I could still think more up and create an AJ1_3 but instead i got started on AJ3. It is very good the way it is...butchange is good too :)

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Bonecrusher said:
I chose to update it because it never hurts to add more secrets and other things into maps...I could still think more up and create an AJ1_3 but instead i got started on AJ3. It is very good the way it is...butchange is good too :)

I was thinking along the same lines. Since I started mapping, I've learned a lot, and I feel that I could add more to this map... more over, I feel that I should apply my current knowledge into an update of this map.
So I s'pose that it shouldn't be put up on the server yet, give me some time to work up an update.
And Dev, I will do my best to make no changes to the general structure, but make aesthetic changes only.
:)

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
«BuA»Lurker_71 said:
Dude... that's AJ1_2 yer talking about... I was talking about AJ2. :)
The one I sent ya in yer email, ya booger!

Send it one more time will ya.. I was thinking it was the 1_2 Version.
You and BC both made AJ Maps huh.. :eek:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/...f-arenajam2.zip
There's the link to AJ2, TAZ. ;)

Guys, I must say that I've found several inconsistences with AJ2... and though it would be slightly easier to remake it, I will stick with my plan for revamping... however, I do intend to make more changes than I originally intended... here's the list (which I will update as often as possible).

Ramps (pit area) will become stairs which will be cut out of the sides of the pit.
Flag bases will be level with the center area (they weren't before) and reshaped.
The skybox will be removed, though I think you will appreciate why, once I have the replacement done. ;)
The pit will be centered (and thus remade)!!!
The secret room will be eliminated... (or will it?)
I will add a tunnel (or two) beneath the bases as a second route for FCs.

As of now, that is all I have... the theme will remain the same, tho (hopefully) improved.
I will of course post screens as the changes are made.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
We played this last night. The walls are way COOL. I have a few suggestions, and some of the ones you stated sound pretty good.

Jump Pads: add on bottom level. Make little bigger. Lower Power just a bit. (Seems to Boost Real High to Fast)
Warp Field's add the spiral thingy so you can see them or Flames like BC did in his old UT map.
In area with Flag's remove the Orange Tube's and use Pipes with Green BIO Goo this will help light base up just a bit also..
If you add tunnels make them look like maintenance tunnels with Pipes runing through with the green goo.

Nice JOB Lurk.
Why AJ for the name??

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
ArenaJam series, TAZ.
Boney's creating ArenaJam 1 and 3... I'm doing ArenaJam 2 and 4. :)
The bioplasm is doable... not sure if the maintenance tunnels would look right in a crypt, but you never know. ;)

AX000

Mar 25, 2002
AsteroidX
Visit site
My response is delayed.
Indeed your skin is favorable.

I suggest that what you add to one side, you add to the other (the hole in the top wall).
Perhaps where the arches on the side walls are, you can add portals that lead to other rooms, or just make some of the arches teleport the fighter to the other side.
The extra power of the jump pad may be due to LG mut.
I suggest that you add a light, etc to note the location of the teleporter Inside the pool room (I do not mean the teleporter that leads Into the pool room).